What did you do in the garden today?

Making your own peanut butter is VERY easy. Do you have a food processor? Can you buy a jar of roasted peanuts? Unsalted, salted, up to you.

Set up your food processor with the S-shaped blade. Not sure what it's called. Dump in a 1 pound jar of peanuts. Turn it on, and in about 4-8 minutes, you will have creamy PB. At first, its sounds like you're grinding rocks. :gig

Want to add something? Cinnamon is GOOD. If you want it sweetened and want to use honey, things get weird. Make the PB, add the honey, and turn the machine back on. In about 10 seconds, the PB gets all thick and blobby. It'll take a while to get it back to butter. And by a "while," I mean 15-20 minutes or more.

I haven't bought PB in many years. I like mine SOOOO much better. A 1# jar of "natural" PB is $5-7 now. I stock up on Planters peanuts when they're on sale for $3/pound and make my own natural PB. Oh, yeah, it'll separate if you don't keep it in the fridge.

Making your own peanut butter is VERY easy. Do you have a food processor? Can you buy a jar of roasted peanuts? Unsalted, salted, up to you.

Set up your food processor with the S-shaped blade. Not sure what it's called. Dump in a 1 pound jar of peanuts. Turn it on, and in about 4-8 minutes, you will have creamy PB. At first, its sounds like you're grinding rocks. :gig

Want to add something? Cinnamon is GOOD. If you want it sweetened and want to use honey, things get weird. Make the PB, add the honey, and turn the machine back on. In about 10 seconds, the PB gets all thick and blobby. It'll take a while to get it back to butter. And by a "while," I mean 15-20 minutes or more.

I haven't bought PB in many years. I like mine SOOOO much better. A 1# jar of "natural" PB is $5-7 now. I stock up on Planters peanuts when they're on sale for $3/pound and make my own natural PB. Oh, yeah, it'll separate if you don't keep it in the fridge.

years ago I made peanut butter in a food processor. it was somewhat dry and I added some oil, not sure if it was olive or pumpkin oil (whatever I had on hand).

Well those damn gophers ruined my garden this summer. I have to find something that works... My chickens can't get to the garden. However I don't want to inadvertently poison neighbors cats, wild birds, or my vegetables.
Watch some youtube videos on how and exactly where to set macabee traps. Once you get the hang of it it's very easy.
So here it is midnight and I get woken up by a ruckus in the hen house. Hop into some shoes, grab the rifle and out I go.

Nothing. not a darned thing and they are all worked up clucking and yapping pacing back and forth in the coop. No mice, no rats, no cats, no owls, no possums, dogs, NOTHING.

Besides for it being a full moon, can chickens have bad dreams? This is just odd.

Aaron
Snake? I have seen so many snakes since I've moved here.

Hey all. Got a couple inches of snow last night. Normally I’d be happy but my walker doesn’t have snow tires. 😂 Gonna have to try the treadmill I guess but that thought scares me.

First surgery they took out the disk at L4/L5 & put in a cage & some marrow from my hip. 2nd surgery will be rods. I’m out of work for 6 weeks. We assume I’ll be back for at least another fusion as the disk above & the disk below are already herniated, but aren’t causing me too much pain atm. We think, anyway. Feeling pretty darn good considering. Thanks for sharing.

We gave up & started using poison, the rodents were doing too much damage. The package says its safe on secondary ingestions - meaning if my chicken ate a mouse that ate poison They’d be ok. Or if a hawk did. I went years refusing to use it but the mice have been eating the insulation u der the siding on the house & they actually chewed thru the pex water lines on a neighbors house & flooded it - that sealed the deal on switching to poison.

Thats what we do on the traps, the chipmunks can’t resist it!

I have all my seeds for next year so all the catalogs go directly into the recycle bin here too, I don’t need any temptations. 😂
Your surgery sounds rough. Hope your healing well ❤️

I am a PB fan and make my own too. So much better than anything in the store and cheaper than natural PB you can buy.

Back
Top Bottom