What did you do in the garden today?

one other thing on the PB., I have a professional grinder / blender whatever you want to call it so have done this before.. but.. garlic, don't knock it till you try it, a little bit in your peanut butter goes a LONG way and is wonderful! some home made real butter OR use this instead, on some french bread, yes YUM, goes great with your sphagetti and meatzaballzza ! :p

for those who say cinnamon / nutmeg. a tiny tap of all spice too and it's fantastic for breakfast toast, especially around the holiday season ! That pumpkin spice (I don't know a proper name for it, they just call it pumpkin spice) adds a nice flair to it too

Aaron

Watch some youtube videos on how and exactly where to set macabee traps. Once you get the hang of it it's very easy.

Snake? I have seen so many snakes since I've moved here.
Not sure, might have been but I didn't see any signs. I put all sorts of 'traps'out at night. If it was a small one it'd been a snack, if it was big enough to scare them id have seen signs of it, ie the sticky glue paper etc etc. Good point though, maybe I need to put some more snake catching things down.

aaron

I did not do anything in my garden today. Nor will I have a chance to do anything until maybe April. With almost a foot of snow on the ground, I'm only in the planning stages for next year's garden. Looking forward to building some new pallet wood raised beds using the hügelkultur system to fill them. That has worked out great for me.

Also, have been watching, and rewatching, YouTube videos on gardening and trying to learn some more before next year.

Went to a gardening show on Holiday Plants last week. I'm not really into flowers and decorating, but I managed to pick up a few suggestions that might work for my food gardens. Good chance to talk to a few local Master Gardeners while I was there.

If anyone has any info on growing food indoors in the winter, please let me know. Our Minnesota winters get very long and I don't have anything growing to eat fresh. A few years ago I took in some Swiss Chard from the garden and grew them until about late Feb - early March, but they got full of aphids and I had to dump the plants. I don't like aphids.

I take spray bottle with water drop in like 3 drops of dawn kills aphids dead.

I did that for awhile and it worked for a short period of time. But eventually the aphids won and I had to toss the plants out of the house.

Since I brought the plants in from outside, I wondered if the soil had already been infested with aphids and there was no way around fighting, and losing, that battle.

I did not do anything in my garden today. Nor will I have a chance to do anything until maybe April. With almost a foot of snow on the ground, I'm only in the planning stages for next year's garden. Looking forward to building some new pallet wood raised beds using the hügelkultur system to fill them. That has worked out great for me.

Also, have been watching, and rewatching, YouTube videos on gardening and trying to learn some more before next year.

Went to a gardening show on Holiday Plants last week. I'm not really into flowers and decorating, but I managed to pick up a few suggestions that might work for my food gardens. Good chance to talk to a few local Master Gardeners while I was there.

If anyone has any info on growing food indoors in the winter, please let me know. Our Minnesota winters get very long and I don't have anything growing to eat fresh. A few years ago I took in some Swiss Chard from the garden and grew them until about late Feb - early March, but they got full of aphids and I had to dump the plants. I don't like aphids.
I have an aerogarden that I love. I use mine to start cuttings and the success rates phenomenal. I've even rooted florest rose cuttings in it from grocery store bouquets just for chits and giggles, lol. I've never actually tried veggies in it but I'm sure they'd grow like gang busters.

Back
Top Bottom