What did you do in the garden today?

not a single drop here yet. they keep talking about rain but nothing.

my lawn mower has been sitting in a courier office since monday morning. it is probably waiting for the vehicle that will go to another town which is a bit closer to me. I'll call them today and drive to pick it up. distance by foot would be les than 2 hours, by car it takes 15 minutes.

Morning all. We got some rain last night, not much, maybe 1/4 inch, but I'll take it! I'll skip watering today. But then not a drop to be seen in the 10 day forecast. So nothing happening in my pathetic little 'garden'. :gig

My strawberries, still green, but growing well. I don't see but a couple flowers left so I'll cover them with bug netting this weekend to keep the birds out when they do start to turn.

Been thinking I might throw a couple squash seeds in late - let the bugs find the neighbors garden first. 👿 😁

I finally go back to work (from home) in just over 2 weeks. Blech, don't wanna do it, dreading it.

Took my morning walkabout.

Every year I look forward to the sight and fragrance of the catalpa blooms decorating my lawn.

IMG_20230525_083831208.jpg

IMG_20230525_083857457.jpg

I wish I could smell them. Last night, I literally slept leaning forward in a chair, elbows on knees, in hope of some relief. My body is so tired, I was surprisingly successful. 😂

Saw the meat was taken from the trap, but not the celery. It did not step on the trigger while investigating. I will rebait tonight, further in.

IMG_20230525_090513514_HDR.jpg

Drank some healthy soda pop. It's my white grape kefir second ferment.

IMG_20230525_084047017.jpg

Last edited:
Morning all. We got some rain last night, not much, maybe 1/4 inch, but I'll take it! I'll skip watering today. But then not a drop to be seen in the 10 day forecast. So nothing happening in my pathetic little 'garden'. :gig

My strawberries, still green, but growing well. I don't see but a couple flowers left so I'll cover them with bug netting this weekend to keep the birds out when they do start to turn.

Been thinking I might throw a couple squash seeds in late - let the bugs find the neighbors garden first. 👿 😁

I finally go back to work (from home) in just over 2 weeks. Blech, don't wanna do it, dreading it.
I'm getting ready to plant squash just as soon as I recover. So mine will be late, too.

I understand the dread. I tried a customer service gig once and the stress was enormous! I only lasted a month.

Going fishing today. My weekend fishing trip is canceled. Dw did not want me to drive 5 hours alone, so we compromised. Yeah not going. She is getting on my nerves.

Are you saying you're not going today either because she's getting on your nerves? Isn't that what fishing is for? 🤣 To get away when life gets on your nerves?

My husband doesn't fish. He puts on big obvious headphones and that's when I know he doesn't want to talk. 🤣🎧 At least that's how I see them. It's also a freedom for me to make as much noise as I want because he can't hear me. This has backfired a handful of times when I was talking smack and didn't realize his headphones weren't on yet...but I digress, lol! Get some headphones and plug them into your phone to play a fishing game. Win win.

not a single drop here yet. they keep talking about rain but nothing.

my lawn mower has been sitting in a courier office since monday morning. it is probably waiting for the vehicle that will go to another town which is a bit closer to me. I'll call them today and drive to pick it up. distance by foot would be les than 2 hours, by car it takes 15 minutes.

That happened to us for a week straight! It was like 50-60% chance of rain for a week and we didn't see a drop. Once it dropped down to 19% we got rain two days in a row. Lol

Started soaking some bean seeds when I got my coffee pot going this morning. I'll plant them when I'm 100% awake. I need to sift out some potting mix to use as seed starter soil to plant pepper and basil seeds in today.

I stepped out on the back deck and took a few pics, at 5:50 AM. To the northeast, the sun rising through the tree with Mt. Rainier barely visible in the background.
IMG_1167.JPG

To the left of the tree, over my neighbor's yard is a pasture, next property over horses might be visible, and cows even farther out. Fog layer in the low spot.

IMG_1168.JPG

My raised bed garden... IMG_1171.JPG

The area of my yard I'm letting grow tall...

IMG_1172.JPG

Chicken coop and run, and its proximity to the garden. I need to clean up around the chicken quarters now that construction is nearly finished.

IMG_1173.JPG

Composting area under the cedar trees...

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

Looking west....

IMG_1182.JPG

Started soaking some bean seeds when I got my coffee pot going this morning. I'll plant them when I'm 100% awake. I need to sift out some potting mix to use as seed starter soil to plant pepper and basil seeds in today.

I stepped out on the back deck and took a few pics, at 5:50 AM. To the northeast, the sun rising through the tree with Mt. Rainier barely visible in the background.
View attachment 3517720

To the left of the tree, over my neighbor's yard is a pasture, next property over horses might be visible, and cows even farther out. Fog layer in the low spot.

View attachment 3517725

My raised bed garden...View attachment 3517728

The area of my yard I'm letting grow tall...

View attachment 3517731

Chicken coop and run, and its proximity to the garden. I need to clean up around the chicken quarters now that construction is nearly finished.

View attachment 3517732

Composting area under the cedar trees...

View attachment 3517738

View attachment 3517742

Looking west....

View attachment 3517744

Loved your walkabout! I only made it to WA once. Headed up to the Puyallup area for a weekend, perhaps 35 years ago. We were thinking about moving there at the time. Pretty area.

Loved your walkabout! I only made it to WA once. Headed up to the Puyallup area for a weekend, perhaps 35 years ago. We were thinking about moving there at the time. Pretty area.
My son and his family live just up the hill from Puyallup to the north. When I started house hunting November of '21 I wanted a place up there near my grandkids but it was totally unaffordable for me. Good thing, too, because I'd never have found this place 80 miles to the south.

Back
Top Bottom