What did you do in the garden today?

The good news today is that the bad news wasn't as bad as I thought. I replanted 9 tomato plants, plus 3 cherry toms. I still have 10 plants left from buying replacements for the frost losses.

I'm going to wait a day or so, in case any more of the damaged ones die. If not, I'll just have to find a place for 10 more tomatoes. Gee whiz, that would be tough. :)

Went out more Vinegar and salt to kill the blasted thistle. Did have a bit of drizzle in the night.
I'm still just chopping out the thistle plants as I see them. I walk the garden with my hoe most days so it doesn't take any time. I've read that even when using chemical herbicides they need to be reapplied for up to 4 years because the stuff keeps coming back up from the deep root system.

The good news today is that the bad news wasn't as bad as I thought. I replanted 9 tomato plants, plus 3 cherry toms. I still have 10 plants left from buying replacements for the frost losses.

I'm going to wait a day or so, in case any more of the damaged ones die. If not, I'll just have to find a place for 10 more tomatoes. Gee whiz, that would be tough. :)
Too bad you're not closer.......

Neighbor stopped by to pick up his plants. He works in the city and the lines at the two garden pop up centers, the kind that are only there until late june, then disappear, are HUGE. And here I sit.

=======I saw some thistle in the lawn on my way to the barn this morning. I'll have to get the bang stick out, tear them out and poison the root. The joys, eh?

They reformulated the herbicides and they don't work anymore. I put down 12 month spectricide on the bindweed, and all it did was make it spotty brown. It didn't kill it back.
Roundup didn't work at all this year, it's first year of new formulation.
I did not know they reformulated. Still working on a gallon of glyphosate I bought 2-3 years ago. I buy from FS the 40% or whatever strength. The homeowner strength of 16-18% never was very effective. Diluted strength per directions just didn't do the job.

I did not know they reformulated. Still working on a gallon of glyphosate I bought 2-3 years ago. I buy from FS the 40% or whatever strength. The homeowner strength of 16-18% never was very effective. Diluted strength per directions just didn't do the job.
You are correct.
Due to the massive lawsuits they were given a timeline to reformulate, which has now passed.

The concentrated stuff you mix has never worked for me. Bindweed is the devil.

Back
Top Bottom