What did you do in the garden today?

Seedlings have come un in the basement, outside is a swamp and becoming more of one as this day progresses. Ruff weather (good sleeping nights are supposed to happen tonight, see how many tornado alarms I can sleep through this time. I am finding my onion seeds just are not playing this year, last year was great with them.
Oh please no more tornadoes Mother Nature! God bless ya, I'd be a nervous wreck with weather anxiety. Been like that ever since 2 tornadoes blew right through the yard here.

The weather system won’t be all that bad here. The downside is 2+ inches of rain and some wind but no tornado activity anticipated. Wishing all that are affected by this weather stay safe. I did very little in the garden today. Raked the two beds I tilled yesterday. I cleaned the pellet stove and tried to tighten up the fence around the chicken yard. The storm is not going to get here until tomorrow early afternoon, so there’s time to do more if needed.

There's a stiff breeze here blowing warm air up from the south. It was supposed to get to 65, but it made it up to 74 degrees today.

I slapped together a little riser for one of my raised beds so the potatoes I'm planting will have deep, loose, compost rich soil to grow in. I'm "chitting" the little taters I'm going to plant.

I have no idea what kind they are. They're organic. The tag calls them Sunrise Medley 2 bite potatoes, so I guess it's a mix of varieties. The price was right, because they were in one of the free boxes of produce scraps I picked up for my chickens at the grocery store last winter.

Chitting is my new word for the day. It means placing seed potatoes in bright sunshine to induce them to start growing.

IMG_3689.JPG IMG_3690.JPG

Back
Top Bottom