What did you do in the garden today?

Today is just beautiful..,Picked tomatoes,figs and grapes. Made fig jam and made a Heirloom tomato salad. :)

picked some summer squash, cucumbers, which i gave to my neighbor free eggs and produce keeps complaints of my noisy roosters at bay...picked some various hot peppers, broke down got a six pack of those green ball jars just pint sized..not too bad $6.99 i think quarts are only 8.99 if your store price matches and you have a smart phone it is blains farm& fleet..ball lids are on sale for $1.57 and $ 1.87 or 1.97 for large mouth..

today I get to HOE and HOE and HOE weed gone crazy with this last rain.

For anyone else doing the same, Stay Hydrated, use Sunscreen, Have a shady spot to rest in.
Garden Smart
barnie.gif
it is just 70 here today been cool all week, and with school starting next week i am even thinking of closing my pool....and I am off to see what i can pillage from MIL garden...
update..got 3 plastic grocery bags full to the top of tomatoes, picked a whole table full for her she only eats like 1 or 2 a day and gives the rest away..canned 8 quarts and 1 pint of green beans, 7 quarts of spicy B &b pickles,7 quarts of tomatoes so far, I think I am up to almost 50 jars just this week..and my tomatoes haven't really even started turning I have gotten like 6..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom