What did you do in the garden today?

We had a good strawberry harvest....well....the chickens enjoyed them.

Will probably work in the garden later. Going to build a raised platform to feed the pigs on so they will be easier to load.

The work never ends.

What you gonna put in your orchard? I'm planting an orchard this year. My chief problem is compact clay sub soil, and high water table. I'm hoping that they do ok in spite of that. Planting some comfrey between the trees, and also thinking about putting in some echinacea. Gonna do the BTE approach. I've also put some daffodils around each of the trees. They're supposed to repel mice and voles. Maybe I need to put some garlic around them as well. Nothing to loose there!

I thought I was done but I found some dill seedlings I put in around the border of my veggie garden today. Gave up on my spinach and put in basil and cilantro in that row.
I have 3 voodoo lillies whose blooms opened up between yesterday an today.

Quote: I will pray that you get some of this rain. Usually in the summer here it will rain almost daily.
Rains arrived today!! Yesterday afternoon the clouds set in, but I was not hopefull as that has happened so many times this May. BUt today the skies opened up and it has been on and off drizzling.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
Thrilled!!!! lol this is just the kind of rain to get the soils to remember how to absorb the rain. Light drizzle over a couple days expected. WHOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

My husband loves picking the fresh veggies for our salads!
big_smile.png
Just like my kids.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom