What did you do in the garden today?

I picked 20 tomatoes last night! Surprisingly the plants still look good even though it has gotten down to the low 40s the past 2 nights. I was also surprised to see the one banana pepper plant I left standing has several new blooms on it!

​1. You still have tomatoes growing?! Mine finished about ten days ago. I miss them already lol. What zone are you in?
2. How hard are the tomatillos to grow? I was thinking of adding them to my garden next year but I'm wondering if they're very picky or require a lot of care to do well.

Tomatillos are not picky or difficult unless you get hit with whatever little monsters ate my fruit. :mad: There's not much info on tomatillos pests (cuase they don't ussaully have pests from what I read) so I was pretty much on my own and since whatever it was is inside the husk sprays don't work. But don't let me discourage you, they're easy to grow (but you need at least two) and can be very rewarding.

​1. You still have tomatoes growing?! Mine finished about ten days ago. I miss them already lol. What zone are you in?
2. How hard are the tomatillos to grow? I was thinking of adding them to my garden next year but I'm wondering if they're very picky or require a lot of care to do well.

The tomatoes are suckers from my existing plants, and about 50% of what I cut and stuck in the ground rooted. For never doing that before I consider it a success.
Tomatillos started great in the ground then pooed out. But had severs in pots that are jammin. Requires better basket and supports than I did this year.
We're in z7
Hoping to pull a few late zucchinis this weekend too.
And picking the first kales (Dino & Yates)

I grew them because I want to mimic the green tomatillo salsa a local restaurant makes

This is what my lufah vines look like.

There's over 50 fruits on those 5 vines. I'm so growing these next year! But where is the question.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom