What did you do in the garden today?

Quote:
Thanks jerry I will put them on my list. :)

IMO, the best pies are made from what ever you consider to be the best squash. The secret is a bit of molasses in the filling, and a good home made crust. Yum!!!

Sounds great thanks I will try that. :)
Caught Bubba's uncle last night. Clyde went the way of his predecessors. Total up to 5.

hahhahaaa
So I was cutting up a pineapple earlier (it smelled amazing by the way, too bad I can't eat them
hit.gif
) and I found seeds in it, guess I'll have to try and grow those too!
lau.gif

I did not know that they had seeds in them. Can't wait to see what they do. :)

Thanks jerry I will put them on my list. :)

​Sounds great thanks I will try that. :)

hahhahaaa

I did not know that they had seeds in them. Can't wait to see what they do. :)

Neither did I. (Though I probably should have :lol:) neither can I! It doesn't look much more difficult than citrus and I've got citrus down pat (most the time I can get 100% germination) Besides, I love a challenge.

I've wondered if the pineapple seeds would grow, or if they were just vestigial. Keep us posted. Bet it takes a long time to grow a pineapple from a seed. But, I bet it would make a nice house plant. My ginger has finally unfurled 2 leaves. I have 2 more eyes that are growing. My Meyer's lemon has been brought up from the cold garage, and it is blooming. 3 blossoms opened already, and it's completely covered with little tiny blossom wannabe's. Mint is growing well, basil is just starting to start some true leaves.

I've wondered if the pineapple seeds would grow, or if they were just vestigial.  Keep us posted.  Bet it takes a long time to grow a pineapple from a seed.  But, I bet it would make a nice house plant.  My ginger has finally unfurled 2 leaves.  I have 2 more eyes that are growing.  My Meyer's lemon has been brought up from the cold garage, and it is blooming.  3 blossoms opened already, and it's completely covered with little tiny blossom wannabe's.  Mint is growing well, basil is just starting to start some true leaves.

From what I've read they will, they just take a long time to start and then it's about 5 years to fruit. I will. Sounds like you're off to a good start :thumbsup

Green house is definitely finished until 2017.  The soil is frozen.  New growth won't start until mid Feb or later.  It was great while it lasted, and I shared the last salad with friends tonight.  

And it made it until mid-December! That's pretty darn good! I haven't looked at mine since early this week, but I'm sure it's done too. We have freezing rain, and the ground has been frozen for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom