What did you do in the garden today?

My kale and lettuce in the cold frame have revived! I looked at it a couple weeks ago after some single digit days/nights, and it looked done. Good ol Mother Nature!

Do you have enough cold weather there so you can actually get a harvest of cranberries?  

I'm not sure, I think it would depend more on the plant and the year. Some years it gets cold in October and stays cold till after February and other years (like this one) we have close to 300 frost free days. Last winter it was cold enough to make all but one apple tree bloom, I think only the Anna's will bloom next year.

It's pretty nice weather here today. Just needed a light jacket. So I cleaned out the rabbit poop bin and under the chicken roosts. Got a wheelbarrow full of straw and poo and took it down to the garden. Raked the blown leaves back on to the beds too. It was so nice to be outside in the fresh air and a great way to start the new year!

We went camping Monday-Thur and it was so nice it did rain a bit off and on a couple days. But we had on shorts and a nice fire in mid 70* temps. Gotta love it in Dec. hahaa I had the AC on Christmas day.
I got my seed catalogs and making a list for spring planting. I am looking forward to growing some small pumpkins and cantaloupe this year with okra, squash maybe a couple varieties and some tomatoes. I might try some bok choy and other greens I can make salads out of besides lettuce.
I would love some suggestions for greens for a mixed salad what do you all grow and use?

We went camping Monday-Thur and it was so nice it did rain a bit off and on a couple days. But we had on shorts and a nice fire in mid 70* temps. Gotta love it in Dec. hahaa I had the AC on Christmas day.
I got my seed catalogs and making a list for spring planting. I am looking forward to growing some small pumpkins and cantaloupe this year with okra, squash maybe a couple varieties and some tomatoes. I might try some bok choy and other greens I can make salads out of besides lettuce. 
I would love some suggestions for greens for a mixed salad what do you all grow and use?
It was over 80 on Christmas here.

Hi Everybody.Anyone from the southern hemisphere on this thread? New zealand member here.
frow.gif

Peastix, I'm about as far away as any other member from you. I'm at 44.6 lattitude! Welcome. There are several folks from "down under" on some of the gardening threads. Us northerners live vicariously through you southerners until our spring rolls around, so bring on the pics and the gardening news from your yard!!!!

Peastix, I'm about as far away as any other member from you. I'm at 44.6 lattitude! Welcome. There are several folks from "down under" on some of the gardening threads. Us northerners live vicariously through you southerners until our spring rolls around, so bring on the pics and the gardening news from your yard!!!!
Thanks for the welcome!

Back
Top Bottom