What did you do in the garden today?

Looks like they are sprouting good chickadoodles! I hope they grow really well for you.

I picked up some fruit trees today at Ace Hardware. They were only $18, which is quite a bit cheaper than the nursery that I bought from last year. I got another Texas Everbearing fig, a Methley plum to and a Brightwell blueberry bush to replace the one my daughter's dog dug up last year. I've already planted the blueberry, along with help from my granddaughter. She loves to help out around the place.

Looks like they are sprouting good chickadoodles! I hope they grow really well for you.

I picked up some fruit trees today at Ace Hardware. They were only $18, which is quite a bit cheaper than the nursery that I bought from last year. I got another Texas Everbearing fig, a Methley plum to and a Brightwell blueberry bush to replace the one my daughter's dog dug up last year. I've already planted the blueberry, along with help from my granddaughter. She loves to help out around the place. 
I have a bunch of figs I started from cuttings last winter. I didn't get a good percentage on the rooting but I tried a lot of cuttings. I have about 15 plants now. They are in gallon pots.

How do you make the cuttings? I'm thinking about doing cuttings from my figs to plant out in the yard, but I've never done any cuttings.
I just cut the stem tips at a leaf joint and dip it in rooting hormone and stick them in 4 inch pots. Then I wait for the roots to show at the bottom of the pots. Sometimes they grow leaves before they root. When the roots show I usually pot them in nursery gallons with a mixture of peat moss and sand....very carefully so not to break the roots. I am considering starting a fig orchard. There is a lot of info on the net to help you out.

Last edited:
I just couldn't wait any longer! My gardening itch was too strong. I planted some apple seeds my grandson gave me, anise hyssop, valerian, and Angelica. They may never sprout, but I scratched the itch!

Back
Top Bottom