What did you do in the garden today?

I googled the apple blossom end rot and it's from all the rain we got lady spring. There is nothing that can be done to stop it.

I know it's a little late but you can fight blossom end rot in all plants with heavy calcium supplements and foliar feeding and baking soda sprays throughout the growing season.

We have really bad calcium levels in our soil, we have to supplement EVERY fruiting plant with heavy calcium to get any development without blossom end rot. I mean, once the fruit is rotting, it's done and deadskie. But if you manage it earlier in the season you can prevent it.

I know it's a little late but you can fight blossom end rot in all plants with heavy calcium supplements and foliar feeding and baking soda sprays throughout the growing season.

We have really bad calcium levels in our soil, we have to supplement EVERY fruiting plant with heavy calcium to get any development without blossom end rot. I mean, once the fruit is rotting, it's done and deadskie. But if you manage it earlier in the season you can prevent it.

Thank you. I think it was mostly due to all the rain we got last spring.
I still have to buy some crushed oyster shell so I will add some around the fruit trees.
When I did have to water them in July and Aug I did not notice any powdery mildew on the leaves.

Good morning gardening peeps! We had a day and a half of sun here this weekend, so I was outside pretty much whenever it was light. Yay! I got my DS to cut the crazy invasive jasmine off the back fence (important before it starts to regrow), I added compost to two of the raised beds and cardboard mulch to the others and planted greens and peas in one.
My seed starting is proceeding pretty well. I planted two more flats, after which I need to stop because that's all the space I have under lights for once they germinate. :)

I love dirt.

Good morning gardening peeps! We had a day and a half of sun here this weekend, so I was outside pretty much whenever it was light. Yay! I got my DS to cut the crazy invasive jasmine off the back fence (important before it starts to regrow), I added compost to two of the raised beds and cardboard mulch to the others and planted greens and peas in one.
My seed starting is proceeding pretty well. I planted two more flats, after which I need to stop because that's all the space I have under lights for once they germinate. :)

I love dirt.
I need more lights!

Back
Top Bottom