What did you do in the garden today?

The girls have kindly done an excellent job of digging out the hole I'm going to plant the mesquite tree in today. It had a crepe myrtle in it which has been tossed as well. I think a nice treat is well deserved.
After that doing some general clean up and coop maintenance outside before we get rain later. I hope it does rain, we need it badly!
Have a great day guys!

Yes, Broccoli gets real big. Might I suggest some swiss chard? Rainbow mix will give you lots of colors to choose from. If you keep harvesting the leaves, you can keep it at the size that you want. Other options might be mammoth leaf basil, or sage or rosemary to give it some nice aroma and variety of leaf patterns. Or Kale. It comes in a lot of color and leaf shape varieties, and will give you the "leaf" harvesting option. Or radish. My favorite is French Breakfast. Nice mild flavor. Good to slice and slather with peanut butter.

We've ground 4 stumps, tilled and readied the plot for placing our beds, now we're digging post holes to expand the chicken run.. In the spirit of St Patrick's Day.. I guess we're all a little Irish today!
20180317_101632.jpg

Single digit temps due tomorrow night... again! Will spring ever come to Maine???
March, the oh-so-unpredictable month! It teases us with spring and then slams us with winter cold, ice, and snow! You all in the Northeast in particular have been hit hard with this as of late.
I have been praying for front porch swing and open windows weather lately. I 've had my fill of winter.

Back
Top Bottom