What did you do in the garden today?

only thing is the "fruit" that is bears is possibly to heavy then would bust the vines

I have been seeing in videos where nylons are used to make a sling for the fruit.
I think its worth a try. Anything to keep it off the weed riddled ground.

I am back from the greenhouse.
Couldn't resist a few brussel sprouts, some full sized cantaloupe, everbearing strawberries, walla walla onion sets, and seeds for giant watermelon and merigolds.

I am moving my pollinators garden to make room for watermelons along the ground. I have been diligent about weed removal including the nasty grass for several years so might be ok there.

I have a section 8' x 14' to the west of the chicken run I took flowers out of. I plan to put the sugar babies there and could put carrots in pots too. It is a short run from the drip line and I can tap into that.

Lots of plans to get a harvest this season. :)

Yup got my slings ready. Sounds like your in for good eating
I have been seeing in videos where nylons are used to make a sling for the fruit.
I think its worth a try. Anything to keep it off the weed riddled ground.

I am back from the greenhouse.
Couldn't resist a few brussel sprouts, some full sized cantaloupe, everbearing strawberries, walla walla onion sets, and seeds for giant watermelon and merigolds.

I am moving my pollinators garden to make room for watermelons along the ground. I have been diligent about weed removal including the nasty grass for several years so might be ok there.

I have a section 8' x 14' to the west of the chicken run I took flowers out of. I plan to put the sugar babies there and could put carrots in pots too. It is a short run from the drip line and I can tap into that.

Lots of plans to get a harvest this season. :)
I planted sweet alyssum for weed control in some areas. Ground cover and pollinator. Bout a thousand seeds in a bag. You could try that

Don’t know if I’ve ever heard of wine cap mushrooms. But I love mushrooms. Was looking into growing oyster mushrooms. How are the wine Mushrooms?

There's a photo of them in the Hugelkulture thread. They are quite firm, a bit more robust in flavor than the button mushrooms you buy at the grocer, and produce a darkish broth when cooked. I like the flavor of them, but have not had very many. The stems are too fibrous to eat, so you only eat the caps.

Back
Top Bottom