What did you do in the garden today?

20180725_081954.jpg
20180725_081948.jpg

I bought Myoporum, ground cover native to Australia. It's on tbe patio with the hibiscus and lantana for now. It's awkward so I used plastic bags to catch the water runoff for now. Need to test it with the chickens but if i they leave it alone I'm going to plant it along the paver path in the backyard. Hibiscus and lantana will be at the end of the path.

I quickly lose motivation when it's really hot! You'll get there. :)

I wish I could send you some of our rain--we've gotten five inches in the past several days. Parts of my backyard are really swampy! I have plywood down in the run so the girls don't get drenched with mud when they come out of the coop.

I used some of the bell peppers, jalapenos and anchos to make fajitas, and I made some pepper sauce out of the thai birds eye and scotch bonnets. It's gooood.

HOt and muggy here. can slice the moisture with a knife. Hate it, not doing anything. Have cheaters strawberry rhubarb jam ready to put together. Hope to get it jarred up tonight.

Hawk destroying one song bird nest after an other. Knocked out a whole nest of fly catchers yesterday, saw him making off with an other baby bird this afternoon. Birds ganging up and trying to drive him off, but it's obvious that he's specializing in nest raiding, getting more bold and more accomplished with the task every day.

HOt and muggy here. can slice the moisture with a knife. Hate it, not doing anything. Have cheaters strawberry rhubarb jam ready to put together. Hope to get it jarred up tonight.

Hawk destroying one song bird nest after an other. Knocked out a whole nest of fly catchers yesterday, saw him making off with an other baby bird this afternoon. Birds ganging up and trying to drive him off, but it's obvious that he's specializing in nest raiding, getting more bold and more accomplished with the task every day.

I hate it when the hawks go after the nests.

Surprise surprise--we're having a thunderstorm. :tongue

It's not really Friday for me; I've got a board meeting and then an event tomorrow. LAME. I find being 'on' all day and night exhausting.

Chick integration is going well--they're all out together after I get home from work, and very little aggression from the bigs. It helps that the littles are speed demons. And, I think, that there are so many of them. The guy comes to build my shed coop the week after next. Can't wait!

10 jars of jam processed. Some of the lids were used twice before. Still great seals. IQF raspberries so that I can process into pies/jam later on when the weather cools. Don't that sound like more fun that doing it when it's 85* with 100% humidity?

Volunteer squash plant beside the run is growing like crazy, bennefitting from murky chicken water that gets splashed through the fence every day when I refresh their water. The plant has been redirected away from probing beaks. No blossoms yet, so I have no idea what it is. I must remember to deliberately plant some seeds there next spring.

Back
Top Bottom