What did you do in the garden today?

Good morning gardeners. Another cold morning. It started out at 5F but it's now up to 15F. Today is the start of a warming trend that will have more normal January temps. Thank goodness for that. The chickens got out for a little bit yesterday afternoon. I should be able to let them out again today. I believe I've discovered the red hen that is laying the random egg. It's not my big Buffy (she's bending over next to the rooster in my avatar), I found Alice in the nest box sitting on a fresh egg. Surprised me. I got an email from Stark Brothers Nurseries this morning advertising their trees of course, however it included a video on pruning. I'm seriously considering raising a couple of the conehead cabbages. I like cabbage and it would be fun to watch that grow. Nothing else going on. Have a great day everyone.

I started to plan the garden. I'm going for the squarefoot garden method in my raised beds. I found a free online program that is easy to use: http://www.sfgplanner.com/#design. Here's what I came up with so far. The rows are not spaced out properly yet, but the tool limited me to about 40ft in either direction and my garden will be at least 50ft across. I also haven't placed plants in the rows yet in the tool. Still figuring out what to put where to ensure things are not growing over each other too much. This printable version is harder than what I see in the tool, but still nice and neat.
2020 garden layout snip.JPG

Back
Top Bottom