What did you do in the garden today?

I PICKED UP CHICKS!! :wee:jumpy:wee

Here are the little cutie-patooties:

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 6.11.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 6.13.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 6.15.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 6.17.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 6.19.14 PM.png

I got mine from Costco last time. All of the flea and tick meds that I purchase for our pets practically doubled the last 2-3 years. What a crock! So I switched the cats to over the counter Frontline from the Revolution that I usually use. So far so good and it was WAAAAAAY cheaper. Here, $78 for 8 doses.

Thanks! I'll look into that!

It might be. I’m blaming it on the cold. I’ve been defrosting chicken water all day. It didn’t get past freezing today and the temps are plunging into single digits overnight. I’m tired of the cold. No pretty snow, just *** ice.
A heated waterer is the way to go. Here's the one I have: https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1063517-farm-innovators-heated-2-gallon-poultry-drinker.html
It wasn't cheap, but I don't think I paid $43 for it. I think I got it for $30 when I bought it. It's worth having though. Fill it twice a week week or so and never have to worry. It works just as well in the summer, we just unplug it then.

A heated waterer is the way to go. Here's the one I have: https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1063517-farm-innovators-heated-2-gallon-poultry-drinker.html
It wasn't cheap, but I don't think I paid $43 for it. I think I got it for $30 when I bought it. It's worth having though. Fill it twice a week week or so and never have to worry. It works just as well in the summer, we just unplug it then.
I don’t trust my chickens around electricity. They would use it for evil!

I wish!

At the airport now. I sorta wish I could stay in AZ. The weather is beautiful, and I wouldn't mind the 120F summer days in exchange for the -20F winter days.
120 during the day isn't the norm. The worst part of summer is the relentless heat. Even at night, there's no relief.

Back
Top Bottom