What did you do in the garden today?

Not to jump the gun on Penny, but wanted to say. Long ago I made a few of these for an Individual.
View attachment 2034376
They painted them with house paint on exterior , and looked good.
Here is a site that explains how to do such.
https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Blooming-Tire-Planters/

These are cool looking, but I don't think this is what Penny does. I think she uses the actual tire as it is and fills them with dirt/compost and plants them.

These are cool looking, but I don't think this is what Penny does. I think she uses the actual tire as it is and fills them with dirt/compost and plants them.
I know,,, My neighbor also uses tires to grow his potatoes. He cuts out the top bead to make a larger opening on top. Breeder mentioned that he wanted to use for flowers.

My weather forecast is saying it will be raining 🌧 tomorrow 😔

I tilled my garden! I tilled it a lot more than this but forgot to take an after pic (same size, just broke down the dirt more). I still need to remove some weeds, but it’s not as bad as the picture anymore. I do need to put up some sort of fence so deer and chickens and other things don’t eat my plants.

Oh yeah that’s where I threw my compost stuff in, once I tilled it I couldn’t see it anymore. But maybe next time I’ll use my finished compost stuff on pots.
7DAC7432-0DCC-4262-B958-12178D0E5457.jpeg

Looks great till it like three times if this is the first time you have planted there
we did that is how we decided to go with the tires instead chickens got what I wanted for a garden

It’s not the first time, but we didn’t plant there last year. I can’t remember if we planted the year before that 🤔 I’ll till it a couple more times just to be sure. Gonna have to wait until a day that it’s not raining.

Love you little piggie avatar

Thank you. I felt I needed a change. I had a pig named Hammy once. He overheated and passed away. I cried so much that day that I threw up. I don’t remember crying for a person that bad. And I had only had him for one month. So I love piggies now, but will not be getting anymore, Hammy is still in my heart.

Speaking of which. Where he used to stay at is all growing and full of green even though it’s still winter. Guess his poop left some nutrients behind. He passed away in October.

Back
Top Bottom