What did you do in the garden today?

Pulled weeds and repaired plastic sheeting around my tomato cages that my dang Guinea keeps pecking!

Attachments

• 20200329_085549.jpg
    20200329_085549.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 0
Weather dork says sunshine today . :fl I want to garden but too wet . Need to clean off the garden . Weed seeds are sprouting .:(
Sometimes I get out there and pull weeds just because the sun comes out after days of rain. I've sunk to my ankles in clay but I got out there :lol:

Good morning gardeners. It rained pretty much all day yesterday. More of the same today. Last night we had a rip roaring thunderstorm roll through. My hoop garden survived, yay! Still rainy today with snow flurries overnight. It's too wet to do anything outside for the next few days. I put my potato pieces in a bag of potting soil since it's too soggy and a little too chilly to plant them right now anyway. The long term forecast is predicting more Spring-like temps next week. Finally! Today is laundry and bread making. Both are already started. I made the adjustments in my garden plan. And it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I will likely only have room to plant 2 or 3 butternut squash plants, but that's fine. Funny thing, I've tried growing nasturtiums in the past with no luck at all. I planted just a couple of seeds in 2 starter cells and they are about 8 inches tall and leafing out already. I guess I need to plant more. Thanks for the pictures @TXchickmum. I hope my garden will be as beautifully green as yours. Have a great day everyone and stay healthy!

Supposed to be dry for a week, after the rounds of thunderstorms that came through Sat/sat night. So much water on relatively flat clay land that was fully saturated ahead of the storms made for flooding in the area. With one person about 1.5 miles away from me who had to be rescued bc their home flooded badly, and at the same time another person trying to turn around In their car bc there floodwaters ahead, got quickly inundated bc of a rush of rising water, so they also had to be rescued. I’m sure there were some flooded basements n the area. Water was flowing OVER our road, inundated the neighbors yard, and was nearly at their front door. Our yard was partially flooded too simply bc too much water too quickly, and flowing from places it shouldn’t have been flowing. But our house is more elevated, and at least nothing was lapping at our front door, nor at our foundation. We don’t have a basement either, so that can’t flood.

Good morning everyone, Yesterday turned into a pretty decent day despite the weather. It was cooler, damp and still soggy from the rain on Saturday. Started the morning with transplanting some seedlings, and then thought to myself, I really need to get my outside greenhouse put together. (Soft sided from Amazon.)
I ended up pausing on the transplanting to clean the gutters out back and install new gutter guards. (hoping to prevent splashing during heavy rains where it might hit and damage the greenhouse structure below.)

While I had the extension ladder out, I thought well, I might as well finish power washing the one side of the house since the ladder is already out and set up (I was about 1/3 of the way done the final side which needed it the most.) So I was able to get that chore completed and got back to more transplanting and seed starting.

It's dreary again this morning but the forecast says sun in the afternoon and we get up into the lower 60's. I'm thinking the greenhouse is going up later this afternoon. My indoor seed sprouting area is getting full fast and I'm in need of additional space. Have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom