What did you do in the garden today?

Winds are howling. I finished the irrigation for the newest part of the orchard. Working in the wind is crazy hard. I certainly got my dose of natural VitD today.

I love watching the chickens trying to walk around in the wind. They all look like they have the blind staggers. LOL

I start to feel sorry for them about 330 and put them away for the night.

Lemon tree is up about two inches. It's growing QUICKLY.

DSCN0952.JPG
Signs of spring
DSCN0952.JPG
DSCN0954.JPG
DSCN0953.JPG

Awesome. This

is the first year I started all my plants from seed. Got tired of paying nearly 4 bucks a plant!

Yes , the prices can be crazy . I was thinking of buying cell packs this year but then I thought I'd have to take what they have which is usually not what I want . Also its kinda fun to start your own from seed .

Managed to be productive between 'work-work' and working outside. We chopped and split wood; then arranged in several rows dependent on size. Found some dry ones to bring in the house and store in the greenhouse.

Planted Japanese eggplant, sweet mini peppers and chili seeds. Trimmed the Asparagus and several pots of greens: have some new greens coming up on the balcony too. If only I could keep the birds out! That is, the blue jays. Transplanted sunflowers to a bigger arena. Pulled weeds and battled with old dirt in cantankerous pots. Our roo Jet (his dad is Russian Orloff and mom Dominique) stood guard at the base of one of our cherry blossoms while we go in and out, and out and in.

Also put corned beef in the crock late this morning. We like "corned beef tacos" with cabbage and jalapeno ranch dressing. Don't forget the beer!!

Hugs & Hope everyone is well!!!

20200401_171019_resized.jpg
20200401_171048_resized.jpg

20200401_171210_resized.jpg

20200401_171333_resized.jpg

20200401_171354_resized.jpg

20200401_171408_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20200401_171210_resized.jpg
    20200401_171210_resized.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 1
Not much work in the vegetable garden today. I did get the small flower bed around the mailbox cleaned up though. It was in rough shape and a weed grew into a small tree taller than the mailbox last year so I cut that down plus cleared a bunch of leaves, cut back some dead vines and straightened out the edging blocks. DS was right buy my side helping out with his toy tools. He actually managed to get through a skinny dead vine with his toy saw and was very proud to show me as I was sawing the tree/weed down.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom