What did you do in the garden today?

idea better than root-forming hormones.
The Rooting Hormone for most plants I do cutting on really aren't much of a help with the hormone as much as the fungicide that comes with the rooting hormone helps. I still use rooting hormones with a device like this if I have it just for the fungicide properties in the powder.

Morning all. COVID test came back negative. Been doing some canning today, haven't caught up on the thread yet.

Some of the salsa maters I picked today:
IMG_20200926_084014018.jpg

Here's the green tomato salsa verde:
IMG_20200926_103706634.jpg

& the hot sauce, this stuff has pineapple in it, but DH says it's hotter than before. I have no idea how that's possible, lol:
IMG_20200926_102218176.jpg

Have a great day all. Off to catch up...

Good morning gardeners. It’s a beautiful morning here, good temps for working outside. I moved the rose bush to a pot and put it where it’ll get early morning sun and straightened up the yard a bit. I still need to move some things into the shed but my coffee was getting cold and I needed a refill. The lemon tree has been watered, man it’s looking great! Mulching has helped tremendously. I saw a weed under the picnic table bench and made a mental note to pull it but the chickens took care of it for me. I sold all my chicks during the week except for the ACs so my life has been simplified quite a bit. I’m teaching the ACs to roost with the bigs before I move the new girls into the big coop. If they roost on their own tonight I’ll move the newbies in tomorrow and lock the mini coop until they all roost together regularly. Thank goodness I had hubs put hinges on the lid on the nest boxes, I have to put it up when I collect eggs or one of the girls will roost there. I have managed to save the last society garlic and I found out the flock also likes the tree I planted out there so that is protected as well. I’ve selected areas for a few of the fairy dusters but I have more than enough to put some in the front yard too. People seem to like cutting the corner through my yard so I think they’ll make a nice barrier for preventing that eventually. I transplanted the Mexican poppies into the shade garden this morning. They’ll get sun every morning throughout the year and the white flowers are so pretty. Poisonous to chickens though so not out where they can give them a munch. My christmas cactus is super happy in the front window, it gets the last of the coffee in the pot once a week and that has made a huge difference in health. The aloe is looking really good as well, mulch has helped there quite a bit also. I think I need to trim the Mexican bird of paradise because there’s a lot of heavy growth on top and I’m afraid a good wind will blow it over and probably will trim back the dead stuff on the rose bush too. I’ll be looking to replace the hibiscus with something more heat tolerant tomorrow, maybe another yellow bell since I’ve seen them grow quite tall and bushy here. The ambient heat from the wall is significant in summer and I want to shade that wall and cool that area. I do believe this is the year for a major cut back of the bougainvillea as well. Every two or three years we cut it back to the trunk and it grows back quickly but usually wait until spring and cut off what the frost has done in. From what I’ve read this winter will be quite mild so no need to wait. Anyway, I’m procrastinating about getting back to work, enough of that. Have a great day everyone.

Morning all. COVID test came back negative. Been doing some canning today, haven't caught up on the thread yet.

Some of the salsa maters I picked today:
View attachment 2349057

Here's the green tomato salsa verde:
View attachment 2349058

& the hot sauce, this stuff has pineapple in it, but DH says it's hotter than before. I have no idea how that's possible, lol:
View attachment 2349061

Have a great day all. Off to catch up...
I don’t know if it’s good news or bad news Sueby. My mom thought they’d had it back in February or March but no according to testing. Since you haven’t had it, I hope you don’t get it!

Morning all. COVID test came back negative.
I'll take that as good news.
People seem to like cutting the corner through my yard so I think they’ll make a nice barrier for preventing that eventually.
Man, I'd see about getting a big boulder placed in the path but I'm kinda mean that way. :)

I've ordered some garlic and I think we'll make a run out to a nursery about an hour away and get some of whatever they have, shallots, mustard, and kale. I'll try to start some kale and mustard from seed if I can get it to sprout in the greenhouse, but it's not heated so I'm not sure if I'll get germination or not, and I don't want to start them in the house. there really isn't room.

Okay, I promised the neighbor green tomatoes today and I want to get some compost on the beds, later all.

I'll take that as good news.
Man, I'd see about getting a big boulder placed in the path but I'm kinda mean that way. :)

I've ordered some garlic and I think we'll make a run out to a nursery about an hour away and get some of whatever they have, shallots, mustard, and kale. I'll try to start some kale and mustard from seed if I can get it to sprout in the greenhouse, but it's not heated so I'm not sure if I'll get germination or not, and I don't want to start them in the house. there really isn't room.

Okay, I promised the neighbor green tomatoes today and I want to get some compost on the beds, later all.
I was thinking that but with the bushes and trees it has become less of a problem. A few more bushes and we’ll have em licked!

I don’t know if it’s good news or bad news Sueby. My mom thought they’d had it back in February or March but no according to testing. Since you haven’t had it, I hope you don’t get it!
That antibody test only detects for three months after, so unless they were tested march, april or may.....they still may have had it and were tested for the antibody too late.

That antibody test only detects for three months after, so unless they were tested march, april or may.....they still may have had it and were tested for the antibody too late.
My mom was tested in May before she had surgery. If the test can only detect it three months after infection I wonder how long the immunity lasts.

Back
Top Bottom