What did you do in the garden today?

I have to plant 10 times as much garlic as last year, I've already used up all of my home grown garlic. But then I only planted 8 cloves in my one and only first raised bed. I'm mad keen for the delivery of my garlic.
Me too. Used it all up a couple weeks ago! I saved one head, I picked up 2 heads from a local farm & have more coming from High Mowing. I'll plant the end of Oct or so, depending on the freeze.

I want to see if I can get some shallot sets. Next years garden will be a ton of garlic, onions & shallots. I don't know if I could ever grow enough to last a year, unfortunately. Hoping it may help with the stupid bugs.

@Wee Farmer Sarah I'll have to go check the weather - here's hoping for some rain!

Sorry about losing a silkie @penny1960

Have a great day all.

Morning Thank all of you for the condolances I appreciate them ..
Did clean all the coops yesterday.. Cleaned the house I neglect at times.
Goofed off in garden gave more tomato branches to the chickens picked tomatilla, a few tomato was all although many of my brussle sprouts are gaining fruit. This week is suppose to be dry and warm here.

Good morning gardeners. I transplanted the herbs this morning, there’s plenty of bunny poop mixed in and the seed garlic is wrapped in paper in the fridge. Nothing else happening out there today, we took the pups to the park and did some grocery shopping. I found some peaches that looked good so I bought a few of those, they’ll sit on the counter to ripen and then I’m going to freeze for smoothies. Hubs wants to try the fermented Tuscan tomatoes so I’ll be getting those ready today and making sourdough later. Lasagne and a salad for dinner tonight. I woke up in the middle of the night with a headache and I can feel thinking about coming back, plus I’m really stuffy and it feels like allergies. I need to take better care of myself. Enjoy the day everyone!

I've been busy with school. Not sure I'll ever catch up on all the threads I missed, but I thought I'd say hi. Here is today's harvest.

Attachments

• 20200927_131720.jpg
    20200927_131720.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 2
2 of the leeks sent up scapes so since flowering ruins the leek I'll be pulling them today. I've pulled all the determinate tomatoes, the comfrey, the squash (except for my experimental pickle cukes), the borage, and kale. I need to pick more tomatoes or at least cull the split ones. I'd picked a bunch before the rains started but quite a few of the cherries with even a little color split so the chickens get to have a tomato party. Next batch that I can will either be pizza sauce or salsa. Probably salsa, I practically drink the stuff. I think we'll have lamb chops with rice for dinner tonight. Lunch is leftover stirfry and the yummy looking taco soup a neighbor gave me. I better go find the bolt cutters so I can make a practical door for the compost bins. Later all, stay dirty!

Back
Top Bottom