What did you do in the garden today?

Hi everybody! Once again, I am way behind on this thread and with my garden! We helped our youngest son and his family move after they sold their house! We put over 2000 miles on our truck and it took 6 days...but it is done! Yay!
First...a question! What recipe do you all use to make green tomato chow?

Now, to share what I did in my garden today! We harvested our Poblano peppers, charred them and stuck them in the freezer!
Poblanos 9.28.2020.jpg

2 of 4 pans for the freezer! After they are frozen, I will place serving sizes into Ziploc bags and then seal those in larger Foodsaver bags!
Poblanos 2 of 4 pans ready for freezing 9.28.2020.jpg

Just for fun an update on the baby rabbits...the remaining 9 are quickly growing! 💞

Hi everybody! Once again, I am way behind on this thread and with my garden! We helped our youngest son and his family move after they sold their house! We put over 2000 miles on our truck and it took 6 days...but it is done! Yay!
First...a question! What recipe do you all use to make green tomato chow?

Now, to share what I did in my garden today! We harvested our Poblano peppers, charred them and stuck them in the freezer!
View attachment 2352487

2 of 4 pans for the freezer! After they are frozen, I will place serving sizes into Ziploc bags and then seal those in larger Foodsaver bags!
View attachment 2352494

Just for fun an update on the baby rabbits...the remaining 9 are quickly growing! 💞
Nice haul! I love roasted poblanos! Especially if I can get what’s his name to char them on the grill.

Hi all. Been busy this weekend. Did get my pepper jelly made. Ran short on sweet peppers and had to go out and pick more jalapeños. I like hot anyway. I finished and tasted it, and oh my it was oh so so hot. Added a bit more sugar to try and help. It is still hot, but I like it. All my jars sealed. I was pretty proud of myself for my first canning attempt. The tomatoes went in the freezer this year sine we ate most of what we get. I did not get 200+ lbs like some amazing gardeners 😁 , but I only planted 3 plants. This was a learning year, and that I did. My fall garden is started, and the rain came right on time today. Looking forward to going get a few new chicks to replace one. Thats how that works right; a few to make up for losing one? @drstratton those baby bunnies got so big and cute. Now I want one.

Hi all. Been busy this weekend. Did get my pepper jelly made. Ran short on sweet peppers and had to go out and pick more jalapeños. I like hot anyway. I finished and tasted it, and oh my it was oh so so hot. Added a bit more sugar to try and help. It is still hot, but I like it. All my jars sealed. I was pretty proud of myself for my first canning attempt. The tomatoes went in the freezer this year sine we ate most of what we get. I did not get 200+ lbs like some amazing gardeners 😁 , but I only planted 3 plants. This was a learning year, and that I did. My fall garden is started, and the rain came right on time today. Looking forward to going get a few new chicks to replace one. Thats how that works right; a few to make up for losing one? @drstratton those baby bunnies got so big and cute. Now I want one.
Well you are definitely good with your chicken math... :gigRabbits are pretty easy to take care of, I think you should get one! 😁

IMG_6874.JPG

I am supposed to taste test the vinegar tonight to see if its ready or if it needs 2 more weeks of sitting around. Too their is a top layer that looks like this. When I tried to scoop it out it fell down into the vinegar and mixed in with it. Maybe its "The Mother" .. not sure. Thinking of siphoning it out from the bottom... or do I stir it up and keep it because its "The Mother" looks like I am going to be doing some research. I still need to taste test it to see if it tastes like vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom