What did you do in the garden today?

That is almost perfect for snow shoeing!!
Do you do a lot of outdoor winter activities or are you an indoor winter person?
Ice fishing is what we do, we do like to ski, but it’s usually my time to hit the sewing room!! I don’t like the cold weather!! So when we go ice fishing we take the ice house!

Ohh, @NewBoots - why don't you put avocado in the compost? I always put the peels & seeds in & I end up with avocado trees growing all the time, lol.
Oh I heard somewhere that avocado was toxic to what seemed like about every animal in the book so I don't risk it. Probably a case of bs (the internet nevar lies :lol:) or one of those things that's just fine as long as it's only once in a while.

Made savory oatmeal for lunch, why did I never try that before? We had it with cheese, avocado, fried tomatoes, and a fried egg. It was much more satisfying than with brown sugar and raisins.

Oh I heard somewhere that avocado was toxic to what seemed like about every animal in the book so I don't risk it. Probably a case of bs (the internet nevar lies :lol:) or one of those things that's just fine as long as it's only once in a while.

Made savory oatmeal for lunch, why did I never try that before? We had it with cheese, avocado, fried tomatoes, and a fried egg. It was much more satisfying than with brown sugar and raisins.
Hmm, savory oatmeal. How do you cook it? I dont know if i can mentally get past it being sweet.

Morning all. Chilly start here today. I was a bit worried about the littles since they had the option of a heat plate till they came here, but they were fine. I found them in a pile this am. I called my chicken neighbor yesterday & asked her if she thought I should keep them inside, she checked her trusty chart & said they were fine.

Should be a beautiful day then a rainy, dreary week ahead. Not good leaf collecting weather. DH want to just suck them up with the mower & be done, now on top of blowing them in a pile for me instead, I need to let them dry before putting them in bags. :gig But leaves are too good to waste! Been thinking about asking the neighbor for his. DH will kill me, lol.

Do ya'll horde your leaves too or am I the only crazy one? On top of being great for layering the compost pile, they are great to spread on the snow so the chickens will venture out.

I can see savory oatmeal for sure. Seems kind of like grits to me, which are foreign because I'm from New England. I've never once laid eyes on a grit. :lau

I'm rambling...have a great day all.

Back
Top Bottom