What did you do in the garden today?

This is the 10.2 pound meat chicken. Almost ready to eat! ( I hope no one is offended).
That bird looks awesome! We'll be having just DP and I for our Thanksgiving. I'll be making turkey thighs, stuffing, potatoes with mushroom gravy, squash, and DP is going to make a pineapple upside down cake for desert!.

@TropicalBabies, so sorry about your girl and I hope it's just the one, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for your DH. Welcome to the new folks, remember we love to see pictures of your gardens...and chickens...and pretty much anything else! :)

Cupcake had 5 kits last night, we didn't think the mating had taken so we're pleased. Still getting celery leaves from the garden for the rabbits and beet greens and chard for one of our neighbors who loves the stuff. Just took some zucchini soup out of the freezer to have for lunch tomorrow to have with a delicata squash.

Was gonna do the rest, Whites, yesterday but Mrs. Wolfie wanted to go fishing. I can't resist her need to go fishing as I love it too. Only put 2 fish in the boat and both too small to keep.
DP and I love fishing too, what did you catch? It's been raining and blowing too hard lately to get much fishing done and the good perch fishing will end very soon.

What?!! You got the sh*t?!! Oh my goodness young lady, I'm so sorry, I did not read that far back- this thread moves. Ok. wow, I hope you had someone to help you out and I am glad you are ok. I hear it is pretty crappy to have. DH did get a flu shot about 1 month ago. Maybe I should worry again. Mahalo for your experience. :hugs:frow
I had it at the end of February into March. DH is a college professor. I promise it was making its rounds back then. But they only tested travelers and cruise people. A week after I felt human again. Then world shut down.
Just slowed me down. But it's the first time I've ever wanted to take a nap in the middle of walking from the barn to the coop, or had to stop and catch my breath in the same distance. Crazy.
Even doc yesterday said yup, sounds like you had it, but we'll never know. They were testing for antibodies yet then and since those only show up for 3 months...they weren't testing yet in June either.

Last edited:
Well, I know it is not so cold here in East Texas, but the hankering came on me like a flash. I finally made a LARGE pot of vegetable stew.
OMG, I can remember being little and my grandfather sitting at the little table in the kitchen with us kids eating this stew. My father was the one who cooked it each year. We called it Mulligan Stew because he threw in whatever was in the kitchen. We would chop the veggies and he would stand at the stove and put them in, spice the stew and taste and stir with a wooden spoon. If anything brings back memories of my childhood, it is this stew. MMMM.

Aloha gardeners!
DH's temp is back to normal but he is still laying low. That give me a few more chores to do this morning. No real plans today... just laundry and cleaning out the "sick" from my little house as much as I can with DH still a little down.
I'll check in later as everyone's day unfolds and maybe even have something to add to the mix.
Till then aloooha!

Back
Top Bottom