What did you do in the garden today?

SO MUCH RAIN! Ugh. Wind off and on too, but still not enough to blow all the leaves off the trees so that I can do a final, productive, satisfying rake.

Every little dry-weather spell, I'm scheduled for overtime at work because it's supposedly the holiday season, but most normal people are scaling back on their expenses, so we end up not as busy as expected and get sent home. So frustrating to be scheduled for six or seven days, then end up with no overtime. Oh well, I'm better off than way too many others - I have steady work. I'm definitely grateful for that.

The only thing I got done for the garden in between raindrops on Saturday, was dig up my Dahlia bulbs, hose them off and bring them into my mud room - still need to trim, separate, and store the bulbs before they get too dried out. I also weeded and mulched my chives and parsley, hopefully they will survive.

The cabbages are mostly looking strong and healthy, but the only one forming a real head is the sickly-looking slug-chewed one. IDK?? I guess I'll leave them for now.

I went into town and brought home a boy for the dog.

She barks and goes bonkers and new people near the house like they're trying to steal her last bit of kibble.

Boy walks in and it's like he's been here the whole time. :lau I guess he's used to his funk from his room and hamper. Dogs are weird.

Today, it's rained, snowed, rained, graupel, freezing rain, sleet, snowed again, and back to rain.

I went into town and brought home a boy for the dog.

She barks and goes bonkers and new people near the house like they're trying to steal her last bit of kibble.

Boy walks in and it's like he's been here the whole time. :lau I guess he's used to his funk from his room and hamper. Dogs are weird.

Today, it's rained, snowed, rained, graupel, freezing rain, sleet, snowed again, and back to rain.

Another dog? or a kid Please

Back
Top Bottom