What did you do in the garden today?

Spent the day wrapping presents. Feeling sad all day. I’m guessing it’s because it’s the first holiday season without both of my parents combined with not being able to see family ( nieces, nephews and all) like we usually do. Oh well, this too shall pass.
Oh, I am getting 3 bunnies! The animal rescue that I donate to just got a Momma in with 4 babies. Her 2 daughters are keeping 2 of the female babies. I’m taking the Momma, the male baby and the runt ( who hasn’t been sexed yet).
Fertilizer here we come!!
:hugs
For the buns I suggest a screen over pine pellets in a litter box if you’re not keeping them on wire. The pellets soak up pee better than hay and the screen lets you separate the poop for your plants and then dump the wet litter in the compost.

Sweetened condensed milk.......on anything....lol. Oh skip the thing and just go for the SCM.
Yep. A big spoon & a can of SCM. :drool My aunt would always make me chai tea with SCM. Yum.

@Acre4Me - getting hammered with the snow? I'm jealous. I was so sad we took the AC out of the window, it was so stinkin hot last night.

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 10.18.17 AM.png
First real snow of the season. D's car got stuck in the road and he had to call off of work. 6" easy, maybe 8. And it's still snowing.
yup!

Sweetened condensed milk.......on anything....lol. Oh skip the thing and just go for the SCM.
Same! And here I thought eating a spoonful of SCM was my secret shame. :love I have a pot on the stove right now cooking down some milk and sugar to make my own. I tried yesterday but it didn't get anywhere near thick enough so I out it back in a pot this morning to try a little more reducing. We have a spoonful in our morning EG tea.

I was looking in the fridge and there are still leftovers from Thanksgiving, I guess I'll have to give them to the ladies. 2 old ladies can only eat so much and I keep cooking like I had a crowd to feed.

I love snow until it impedes what I want to do. The best snow would be snow that you can see all white and fluffy out your window but that magically vanishes once you step outside. :) Walking in it at night in the bright quiet is nice though.

Good morning all. Hearing about all the snow makes me feel bad because I haven't had the time to check the snow blower yet. Snow in the forecast for Sunday, so I need to get cracking on that. It was really warm here for a couple of days. I think we are finally drying out from the torrential rains we got on Monday. I've got a small pile of leaves I need to move, then the outside is done completely. My contractor is coming tomorrow to install a new window well for my basement window. My kitchen remodel is on hold until the basement is all dry and pretty. I like brussels sprouts as long as I can get fresh ones on the stem. I've tried getting the loose ones and they are not so good. Freshness matters. I like artichoke hearts, but I prefer them canned or frozen as I do not have the patience to deal with the prep of fresh ones. I'm toying with the idea of trying to grow lettuce indoors this winter. I thought about it last year, but it just didn't happen. Maybe this year.......

Back
Top Bottom