What did you do in the garden today?

I ordered a flexible grow light with 4 LED bars. It came in today, so I put our poinsettia under it for now. The poinsettia is a survivor from Christmas that I'd like to keep alive. I'll be using the grow light for my indoor starts this year.

Speaking of indoor starts, can I start garlic indoors and then transplant it? Does it take transplanting well?

View attachment 2494716
I’ve got the same or similar in the 2 and 3 ended versions!

I may have to start over lol. But got out my heat mats and grow light and started some tomato plants and herbs and strawberry seeds. So far all the tomatoes and a couple herbs are up.
20210118_172957.jpg

I have officially accepted the fact that I’m in completely over my head with this years garden plans lol. I think I’ve been in denial for a bit. My current plans include. A 12,000 square foot annual vegetable garden. Which is a 2,000ft expansion from last years. A potted herb garden with sage, chives, garlic chives, 4 kinds of basil, green onions, rosemary, thyme, parsley, tarragon, catnip, mint and oregano. All we had last year was 1 pot each of basil and parsley that we forgot to plant. And an all new perennial veggie bed with artichokes, garlic, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, mulberries, blackberries and grapes. And a small maybe 6x6 area for some spring veggies. I’m also planning on planting luffa gourds on the fence. And now I’m trying to figure out where to tuck some more flowers in. I think my rather bad plan at this point is to stagger planting everything as much as I can and hope for the best.
:oops: :th

I have officially accepted the fact that I’m in completely over my head with this years garden plans lol. I think I’ve been in denial for a bit. My current plans include. A 12,000 square foot annual vegetable garden. Which is a 2,000ft expansion from last years. A potted herb garden with sage, chives, garlic chives, 4 kinds of basil, green onions, rosemary, thyme, parsley, tarragon, catnip, mint and oregano. All we had last year was 1 pot each of basil and parsley that we forgot to plant. And an all new perennial veggie bed with artichokes, garlic, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, mulberries, blackberries and grapes. And a small maybe 6x6 area for some spring veggies. I’m also planning on planting luffa gourds on the fence. And now I’m trying to figure out where to tuck some more flowers in. I think my rather bad plan at this point is to stagger planting everything as much as I can and hope for the best.
:oops: :th
That's about 10 times the size of mine. I couldn't even fit that on my property. And I thought I had a large garden. It's likely the largest garden in my town (not counting the farm properties).

Back
Top Bottom