What did you do in the garden today?

What do you use to fix yours? This is the first time I’ve had to patch a tire on one.
If it's a puncture, you can plug it. Walmart, auto stores, and hardware stores all carry tire plug kits. It's a piece of rubber typically covered in a sticky paste that you insert into the puncture with a simple tool. Be sure to clean the hole first with a file tool (should also come with the kit, and is sometimes on the shaft of the plug tool as a 2-in-1). It's simple and is something you can use on any tire without a tube. If you have a "fancy" wheel barrow that has bicycle type tires (like some of the newer multi-purpose models on the market), your would treat it like a bicycle and change or patch the innertube. There are glue on rubber patch kits available anywhere that sells bikes as well as hardware stores.
As for the leak-proof tires (solid foam filled tires that do no rely on air pressure), they can take a beating but I really don't care for them. In my experience they are stiff and don't perform well under heavy loads and over ridges/bumps like curbs or the edge of boards.

Ugh I want a 2 wheel so bad, I'm kinda letting the bottom of my current wheelbarrow rust out so I have an excuse to buy a new one.
You can convert a 1-wheeler sometimes to a 2-wheeler. I have a 2-wheeler. I didn't want to pay the premium price for one, so I went to Menards and purchased an inexpensive 1-wheeler and a 2-wheel axle and tire kit. It's just a longer axle with with appropriate spacers. The wheels go outside the supports instead of 1 wheel squeezed between them. Here's a link to the 2-wheel kit I used: https://www.menards.com/main/outdoo...24-c-13262.htm?tid=4881403455711243984&ipos=3

We've had a pretty good snow for our area--almost a foot yesterday and expecting as much again today. Nothing going on in the garden. But as we get little precipitation here except snow-melt and some summer rain, I'll take it, even if it's inconvenient.

I DID have several outdoor chores to do this week, not really gardening, just getting our new yard cleaned up (rocks, branches, stumps, etc), and cutting low/dead branches so I don't poke my eye out taking the dog for a potty break. Guess it'll wait.

So, here's to another snow day!

Welcome to the gardeners thread

Booo. I know how you feel. I want a farm and we were supposed to buy one in 2020 but then the pandemic hit. Waited 7 years for partner to be ready to move. Now we're on eight and I just :barnie
Its a good market right now. Ive been looking but thanks to hubs we cant do anything for who knows how long. Where are you looking? What are you looking for?

Its a good market right now. Ive been looking but thanks to hubs we cant do anything for who knows how long. Where are you looking? What are you looking for?

East, maybe Geauga. Within an hour of Cleveland. 10+ acres (minimum 4 cleared) with a small to moderate house (3-4 bedrooms), bonus points for outbuildings or a small pond, legal to own livestock of all shapes and sizes. Reasonably priced, though I know that's ever changing.

Extra bonus points if it's kinda closer to Madison. I have some pals out that way, and that's where Red Beet Row and the druid colony and a bunch of permaculture farms are. It'd be nice to live near like minded people.

XD We've been thinking about this for a while.

Back
Top Bottom