What did you do in the garden today?

good work! I understand the amount of work. Whoever put in the first raised beds here must have looked far snd wide for the most awful clay soil to put into the raised beds. Clods that were huge and took a lot of effort to break down. Three seasons we’ve worked in the beds to break it up snd sme d the soil. It’s getting better, but still needs more organic material like compost. Luckily. Our first big batch of compost should be ready this spring!
our soil is naturally clay. I'm not fully doing raised beds to be honest. the frame was just a divider between the planted area and the walkway at first. but now that I've added compost, the dirt level has raised.

Good morning gardeners. I went to let the ducks out and they were thrilled with the puddles all over. Big difference from chickens that! I checked the rain gauge and so far we have half an inch accumulated in there. So very happy for it! Have a great day everyone!

a few of my chickens love puddles too. they keep scratching all day long till they look more like some tiny, strange looking pigs :lau

I managed to buy land but now I am stuck with an unfinished house there, unsold this one where I live now and :mad:

House in Seattle town are moving fast hear that in other place also .. Even the little town we are in our place doubled in price from bying 7 years ago

House in Seattle town are moving fast hear that in other place also .. Even the little town we are in our place doubled in price from bying 7 years ago

I hope the prices will go up here too. at the moment they are not. in athens and some other places the prices went up. so I hope to sell my house with higher price than I first planned. I need money to make a nice farm, maybe to buy some more land too.

The storms didn’t get to bad here but one of the nearest big towns about 30 miles south got hit pretty bad. Have a lot of family and friends there most I’ve heard back from almost everyone. We actually used to live about a mile from where the tornado touched down. It’s going to be really rough on the community they were coming up on the 10 year anniversary of the EF4 that hit during the April 27th outbreak.

The storms didn’t get to bad here but one of the nearest big towns about 30 miles south got hit pretty bad. Have a lot of family and friends there most I’ve heard back from almost everyone. We actually used to live about a mile from where the tornado touched down. It’s going to be really rough on the community they were coming up on the 10 year anniversary of the EF4 that hit during the April 27th outbreak.
I worked those storms that day when I lived down there. It was a brutal day/night.

===========
14 inches of snow yesterday, more tonight. Huge drifts.
Must plow it all again. Although main roads are a nightmare my road is good, cause I plowed it all day yesterday (but those darn drifts grrrr)
DH used the snow blower to clean paths to barn and coop. Drifts out there are over 22 inches high...
and the plow piles..... le sigh

It must be beautiful @WthrLady !!

No Wi-Fi here. All the on/off of electric yesterday must have confused the Wi-Fi router. My provider says lines to the house and modem are good. They gave me number to Netgear to troubleshoot my router. Router is too old (3 years) so I can pay for tech support beyond what they helped me with already this morning - they spent a bit of time with the usual help-the-less-techy type of support. However, it is $90 for 6 months of additional support...and gets more $$ for longer time periods So, pretty sure I’m buying a new router with that money instead! Roads are still icy, so I think I’ll wait to visit Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom