What did you do in the garden today?

Wow, an axe?! Holy cow!

Everything I take (& I take A LOT) is prescription besides Zyrtec & I take Meloxicam, which is an NSAID. I have to be very careful not to take any other NSAIDs with the Meloxicam so I was just curious what allergy med was an NSAID. I tried google but it didn't help any, lol. I didn't think an allergy med could be an NSAID, that seems strange to me so now I'm curious!

The plan today is work and more work. Ib should finish around 3 or so. Maybe I'll find time to get in the garden. I have some fencing I need to put up and we need to get radish and parsnip seeds planted. I might go buy a bag of onions from the store. I wasn't please with them in the past, which is why I ordered a different variety of sets from Gurneys, but I an sick of waiting on them.

Potato Planting day! Temps over the next 10 days indicate a dip to freezing or just below on one night - all others are much above freezing, so I'll give it a shot. I'll plant in two different locations.

Onion starts (I planted seeds) are looking good - wonder when I can plant them? I hear they are pretty hardy once they sprout, so wonder if I can get them into the ground this week or should I wait?

Like you, @BReeder! I've never been happy with onion starts from the store. However, in reading up on onions, it might have been a bit of user error and not enough bulb info. Onions bulb up until daylight gets to a certain number of hours a day, then they stop bulb growth. So, that explains my small onions. I think they need to go in the ground earlier than I've planted them before. But, wanted to try them from seed.

I think @Sueby or @Wee Farmer Sarah doesn't bother with onion much or at all - needs too many, so just buys at store. However, I find at the main grocery I shop at that the onions must come from cold storage and they get partially frozen more often than not. I bring a small bag home and need to use it fairly quick or I'll get a rotten onion (or two or three), whereas the onions I grew all have stayed nice for much longer than from the grocery.

I grow onions & I get them in early. They can handle temps down to 20 for short periods of time & can handle frost. Mine have been in the ground for 2 or 3 weeks now. I put in plants, not sets. Honestly I grow them more because bugs don't like them! I could never grow enough, but they do help with the bugs. I try to plant where the squash was the year before. :gig

Good morning all. I think Advil has a sinus and allergy pill with ibuprofen, but I'm no pharmacist. My doctor has told me to use Flonase and benedryl. I take Flonase first thing in the morning and follow it with 1/2 benedryl depending on the pollen count. I also have eye drops for allergic reactions as well. (from my eye doctor) I have to be careful with allergy meds because they can affect your blood pressure but have never been cautioned against NSAIDs in them. I have been cautioned about using NSAIDs. I only take ibuprofen if the muscle pain is really, really bad. That is correct, I don't really plant onions except for the bunching onions. I plant them more as a companion plant or / deterrent. My curly kale is definitely coming up. The asparagus is sending up more spears and yes, we are supposed to get snow tonight. Ugh! :idunnoI want to let the asparagus bed get some rain so I will wait until later this afternoon before I cover it. I don't think we are supposed to get below freezing :fl, but we'll see. The peach tree is ready to burst into bloom but it appears that is on hold thank goodness. Apparently the garden sprites are up to their seasonal mischievous deeds and my bag of grass seed has gone missing. After I ripped up a bunch of weeds in the front yard, I was hoping to spread some grass seed about. Oh well, there's another trip to the store. The weed whacker I ordered, then cancelled from Walmart arrived yesterday. Good golly, I think their shipping information is linked with Lowes shipping control. Apparently business is booming at the small engine repair shop. My garden tractor should be ready early next week. But no worries, there's really nothing to mow right now. LOL!

Really? I never thought about that. Is it OTC? Im glad you figured it out.
Over the counter, behind the counter. It's advil cold and sinus.
I think I figured it out years ago that Advil was an NSAID, but forgot. It's the only thing that works. But I've gone cold turkey.
Still have anxiety issues, but NSAIDs push them over the top.
Benedryl is also the one I reli on
Makes my heart race.
@Sueby

Nasacort, Allegra don't work.
Flonase makes me vomit.
As for telling the pharmacist about the NSAIDS,
I have, but she didn't catch it as I buy it for the whole family, which can take it. I buy so much we call it the 5th food group. I swear, so much to keep track of. They have everything else in the computer, and NSAIDs is right on there.
Advil cold and sinus is MY allergy med. Nothing but sudafed and advil. But if I take PLAIN sudafed, I get shaky. They think it's the red coating. (the over the counter version of sudafed doesn't work at all.) I swear, NOTHING works right with me.
Can you see why I won't touch those vaccines with a ten foot pole?!?

All you allergy people - I'll tell you what has helped me the most after all these years of allergy shots, doc worthy allergic reactions & 2 sinus surgeries - a histamine-2 blocker!

Daily/year round I take Zyrtec, Fluticasone (Flonase spray), Singulair & as needed Olopatadine (eye drops). This year we added Famotidine (which is actually prescription Pepcid) & I can tell you that I have never felt so good. After all these years the allergy doc finally mentioned that a H2 blocker, in addition to the regular H1 blocker (Zyrtec) might help. :he

Back
Top Bottom