What did you do in the garden today?

I wish I could use a repellent @igorsMistress. I have chemical sensitivities and have to use fragrance free everything. I’ve been thinking about trying some rosemary in my shirt collar. :th

I can totally relate! I have to do the same

Makes three in row no scents here :lau
Go out take photos this morning nothing is planted yet.
I have trapped one way or another 14 rats. Think they
where eating my plants as I planted them last year.
Have any of you tried permethrin on your clothes? Not sure it has any smell & it supposedly lasts even after a couple washes in the machine. We use it when we go wheeling in the woods, keeps all sorts of bugs away including tics when you pretreat your clothes & let them dry. You don't spray any on yourself.

Got about 55 tomato plants in the huge planter box outside. Doubt all will survive the transition from the house outside, may have to move things around they are a little closer than they need to be.
None of my peppers seeds sprouted and the single pepper plant I purchased broke in our first rain. Not sure I'm going to try anymore.
Got three kinds of carrots planted, never grown them before. Curious if it will work.
20210502_173111.jpg

Really need a chicken tractor to get my ladies to help me pull weeds since they can't free range.

Sorry about your cold, the isolation, hand washing, and masking seems to have protected us from getting any colds this year. And Hoarders is our very guilty pleasure. They always start out talking a good game and then fight the cleaners tooth and nail.
Thanks. One of the two episodes I watched were a mom and 27 yo son who were both hoarders. Pretty sure all the work completed will be negated within a year...they were really bad and son was enabling the mom.

in our last suburban neighborhood (so 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots), I’m pretty sure there was an older male homeowner that was a GARDEN HOARDER...for real. They were likely the original owners. The backyard was very grown up, the front yard was increasingly full of plants. In the narrow strip between sidewalk and street they had planted things, including a “burning bush” ...and those things can get quite large!! Many things still had the white labels on them. We’d walk the neighborhood and he’s be out there in good weather puttering around. It was to the point that nothing really looked good bc whatever plan there was had been hijacjed by the incessant need to buy and plant bushes, trees, etc. I often wondered if the next owners would just have to bring in a back hoe to the backyard, or if the sewer lines to the street would need to be replaced due to all the roots.

Wow where do you live??
Lol. That’s the original post form 2012. I may have almost replied to it a few times myself.
Today I did some more weeding, the never ending story! Then took a few pics that help me to appreciate how worthwhile the less fun garden jobs are. Nature is amazing! View attachment 2652387View attachment 2652386
Beautiful Iris!

Small caveat: love the sun but not after it gets over 95 degrees
Not after 85F here. Our humidity stays in the 80s and 90s all summer here unless there’s a drought.

Have any of you tried permethrin on your clothes? Not sure it has any smell & it supposedly lasts even after a couple washes in the machine. We use it when we go wheeling in the woods, keeps all sorts of bugs away including tics when you pretreat your clothes & let them dry. You don't spray any on yourself.
I haven’t tried that but it’s a thought! Thanks Su by!

You can actually buy hiking clothes & dog clothes pretreated with it! The military uses it. I did find that those nasty black flies up in NH in May don't care anything about it tho, they still attack you like your the last thing on earth to eat so it may not help you Sarah.

Back
Top Bottom