What did you do in the garden today?

Felt blech all day. I was supposed to go dig up some free hostas (yay!), but the person is not responding on FB so that seems to be a bust. Going to hold off planting anything else outside until the week is done, the forecast is calling for low temps again after two weeks of 80 degree weather šŸ™ƒ I did pinch all my zinnias and cosmos and potted up some tomatoes and peppers.

Today I weeded the front flower bed (again) and also weeded/demossed the concrete ā€œcobblestonesā€ the original owners of the house put in around the back patio. Their grandkids decorated them with their names, dates of birth, and also used cookie cutters for stamping in designs. I like the history of the house thatā€™s on them. Coincidentally, one of them is the same birthday as our daughter (different year)...they had a grandson Nicholas, and now we do too...and one of the kids was Erik (my hubby is Eric). They also put in a heart shaped flower bed in memory of their son who was one of the first servicemen killed in Iraq; we lost our own oldest daughter in 2009 so we maintain it as a sort of ā€œmemory gardenā€.
Also cut the grass.

Iā€™m pretty sure there was an older male homeowner that was a GARDEN HOARDER...for real.
We had one of those two doors down. When the new people moved in, they had a horticulturalist come look to tell them what they had and what to do for the stuff they wanted to keep.

Hort. guy said what they had was a full time job yard. :rolleyes: Neighbor is not going to keep it up to that extent, but they do keep it looking nice. :oops: It looks neater than my front yard...

Felt blech all day. I was supposed to go dig up some free hostas (yay!), but the person is not responding on FB so that seems to be a bust. Going to hold off planting anything else outside until the week is done, the forecast is calling for low temps again after two weeks of 80 degree weather šŸ™ƒ I did pinch all my zinnias and cosmos and potted up some tomatoes and peppers.
Too bad you don't live closer, I have a million hosta I'd love to give away! The last owners here planted a big, dumb, round bed in the middle of the front yard of hosta. It's stupid & I keep threatening to dig it up. Not to mention DH HATES hosta. I don't mind them but this bed is just in the way. Trick or treaters trip over it because it is smack dab in front of the front door, we have to mow around it - it just serves no purpose!

Don't even get me stared on the bed of hosta they planted around the light post! :he

By August the deer have left only the stems of them. It's all so dumb! :gig

Hope youā€™re feeling better soon!

Buahahahahahah! Amazon delivery today and it's the B&D cordless mini-mower and trimmer @Wee Farmer Sarah and I had been discussing! I hadn't ordered it (yet) so I turned to DP and asked her how she knew which one and she blinked at me and said huh? She'd come to the same conclusion about needing one to trim the grass in her flower garden that I had even though we hadn't discussed it and ordered the exact one I was looking at.

Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm in the middle of a bad cold...compliments of the resident kid that likes to drink my water since its always at hand :rolleyes:.

I have lilies that come up, and I'm not a huge fan of lillies. I'd give them all away to a lily lover, but haven't asked anyone yet, but keep meaning to, as many people love lilies. However, I'm not going to dig them up either, until I have a plan for their spots bc what's the point of digging up a nice flowering plant that stays in its area, looking flowery unless I have something better to put there?

Hostas: We have a few here, not many. They are fine, not a fav, but I do like them when they flower. @Sueby - my spouse is not a fan of hosta either. But, until we have to get rid of the ones we have, then we leave them where they are. But, they are totally out of the way. We had to remove a redbud tree that was planted in our front yard - totally the wrong space for it, so it came out..we reseeded a couple of years ago and the grass grew in great. But, now we have a perfect circle of a different shade of grass there. Luckily its not obvious from the road.

Good afternoon gardeners. Iā€™m working on laundry and getting the fridge cleaned out. We have some cardboard to cut up and a bucket of kitchen scraps for the compost bins. Itā€™s HOT outside! Ok, itā€™s only 100 degrees with 7% humidity, but I am still feeling the heat. I found out the maintenance drug I take for migraines is likely playing a role in my reaction because the pharmacist told me to drink a lot of water or Iā€™ll get dehydrated from it. Things make sense now because it has only been last summer and this that Iā€™ve struggled with the heat much. Anyway, I havenā€™t done anything outside and the twelve year old is going to do duck water for me this afternoon. Iā€™ll go out later this evening and see if there are any more eggs out there when I put the ducks to bed. Tomorrow before work Iā€™ll water and check on everything. Hopefully itā€™s all still alive. Have a great night all.

Back
Top Bottom