What did you do in the garden today?

I looked in on the tomatoes and they have to go in the ground this week so I’m trying to get all the poles cut for them and get the trellis built today and the tomatoes planted Saturday. My watermelons and squash didn’t get washed away like I thought so I don’t have much replanting to do there. I found muscadine vines growing wild down near the wild plums I found a weeks ago so I think this may have been someone’s garden a long time ago. There’s a lot of old house sites on the property so we find those on occasion.

My two cents on your tomatoes from Gurneys:
If your worry is based on the funky tracking details (or lack of), that's a result of the shipping method and Fedex's (seems to be their common carrier) SLA on that method. They will arrive in a timely manner (within a week) from the shipped date in my experience. Now the condition they arrive in... that could vary. I received some things that were in great condition and some that were rotting.
My concern is they won't ship when they're supposed to. They've already pushed the ship date into June, they were supposed to ship today. Do I want to wait till June? That's a bit late for me. & do I trust that they will actually ship them in June or will that be delayed too?

My concern is they won't ship when they're supposed to. They've already pushed the ship date into June, they were supposed to ship today. Do I want to wait till June? That's a bit late for me. & do I trust that they will actually ship them in June or will that be delayed too?
Call and cancel them then and buy locally. Demand a refund too, not a credit. They can do it, they just don't want to. Enjoy talking to somebody in the Philippines or India while your at it.

Call and cancel them then and buy locally. Demand a refund too, not a credit. They can do it, they just don't want to. Enjoy talking to somebody in the Philippines or India while your at it.
Probably the best thing to do. I really don't trust them to get this stuff to me in a timely manner. I'll wait till Fri & make sure I can actually get what I want, then I'll cancel.

Morning all did plant many lettuce seeds last night before duinner after dinner I was out with the one BB gun old Daisy brand. Dead aim always was, took one out in his hole as he was coming into the coop.. BF ordered a CO2 pistol by Daisy 15 bb magazine 500 velocity .. This is war now :celebrate

Yesterday I continued my battle with the obedient plants. I also cut all the dead wood out of my three hydrangeas. I have struggled with these for years. The first couple of years that we lived here they were gorgeous! Covered in giant blue flowers. Then they seemed to mostly stop blooming. I tried cutting them all the way back; not doing anything to them; just cutting out the dead canes. Not sure what to do. Then today I remembered a box of Miracid I had in the garage so I gave them all a drink with that mixed in. I figure one year I will find out what works. 😄

Back
Top Bottom