What did you do in the garden today?

Yesterday I continued my battle with the obedient plants. I also cut all the dead wood out of my three hydrangeas. I have struggled with these for years. The first couple of years that we lived here they were gorgeous! Covered in giant blue flowers. Then they seemed to mostly stop blooming. I tried cutting them all the way back; not doing anything to them; just cutting out the dead canes. Not sure what to do. Then today I remembered a box of Miracid I had in the garage so I gave them all a drink with that mixed in. I figure one year I will find out what works. 😄
Is your obedient plant being disobedient??

I planted my beans . May plant more tomato plants in the garden . Having some intestinal issues now . I will wait a bit . Something going around as a friend has had it . Phone contact only .
Norovirus ran rampant here about three weeks ago. Started in a daycare and then, whooooosh, the whole community. Glad you didn't manage to catch it through the phone lines though.

Turkey poults in their new pen. Looks like we have 3 males, 1 female. Two of them were actively fanning their tails and gobbling ....they are only 7 weeks old.

Kid got their first Covid vaccine today But, we had to drive over an hour to get one, but we also worked in a couple of errands. So, by mid-June should be a couple weeks past the second shot.

Low 40s tonight. But, we shouldn’t have frost. I think we might be frost free now.

Weeded and added mulch to the bed where the bowling ball lady bug will reside. Then went to the studio and painted three more. They aren’t done yet so I won’t post pics till they are.
I did another lady bug for my step father who asked me to paint his old bowling ball for him. The other two are not lady bugs and you’ll just have to wait and see what they are.
1F81B535-2012-4E3B-9C39-5A386FDD4DD9.jpeg

Weeded and added mulch to the bed where the bowling ball lady bug will reside. Then went to the studio and painted three more. They aren’t done yet so I won’t post pics till they are.
I did another lady bug for my step father who asked me to paint his old bowling ball for him. The other two are not lady bugs and you’ll just have to wait and see what they are.
View attachment 2667928.

I have got to find a bowling ball! That is too freaking cute!

Weeded beds, up-potted peppers and tomatoes, watered, and started making friends with the littles using tiny mealworms and hard cooked egg yolks.

I got most of the polls cut but I forgot the foster kitties had a vet appointment so I lost several hours today. It feels like something has come up every single day this week. I’m going to get everything I can in the ground this weekend so I just have weeding for a few weeks. My hours will be increasing at work starting next week so I’ll be busy with that.

Back
Top Bottom