What did you do in the garden today?

Ugh....I HATE those things. Nasty, nasty creatures....

Remember the "mulberry" tree I found in my back yard? Well....it has ZERO berries on it now so I am not sure it is a mulberry. I grew up around mulberries and pretty much remember them having berries all summer long. So I'm thinking it was/is some other kind of tree....

not all mulberrie trees bear fruits. I also heard it takes many years before they have fruits.

Morning chores while it is still 'cool':
Trim down the iris bed
prune and tie up the main garden tomatoes
trim a low branch on the birch tree
Maybe sweep out the empty hay drying shed.

Then I'm going to villages over the the mennonite thrift shop and grocery, and then the feed store for another dog bed, well, two dog beds. She has one she prefers, so be it.

Summer colds, ugh. Feel better.

Hey gardeners, I hope you’re all well. Not much happening in the garden, just maintaining with water and fertilizer. So far everything is still alive. The lantana is blooming, the little Australian tree has managed to strengthen up and hold itself upright without support and the oleanders and Arabian lilac are still doing well. The cuke and melon plants are still there, who knows if they’ll flower and fruit, it’s awful hot out there. I gave the ducks a second pool and some electrolytes today, ports things were panting. The electrolyte bucket got a big block of ice too so hopefully they’ll give it a try. We’re getting four to five eggs a day now so I’m hoping there are six one day soon and I don’t have a second drake. Anyway, this will be my last post for about a month, I’m having cataract surgery and I can’t read through posts to catch up with you all. I’m still working though and that is difficult at this point. No sense in putting more strain on them and the headaches are a real you know what already. Take care and keep your nails dirty!
Good Luck with Surgery!

This mornings small harvest. Minus the green beans I forgot to pick lol. Trying to pick before it’s to muddy.
632D8E26-B092-4F23-8126-6528EFAACD07.jpeg
564535CD-0F16-4DBB-A504-7AE1431A86CF.jpeg

I'm going to set up at the farmers market tomorrow morning to sell my overflow of eggs. However my teenage daughter is going with me because she wants to sell some of her resin crafts. I'm trying to encourage her entrepreneurial spirit. We are also going to sell some soap and other small stuff too. Should be interesting....
Years ago, DH and I had a booth at Canton First Monday. We made candles and I did crafts. We had a blast. Only down side was the other sellers. After the first weekend, I noticed a lot of other sellers suddenly had a lot of my crafts in their booths. Really cut down on our profit. Eventually, we quit selling. Often thought I could do online sales when I get time and energy.

Spent about 5 hours out in the garden today. Weeded 3 and a half rows of corn dug the last of the potatoes and the onion. Picked squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, the first Shelly beans and went blackberry picking for the first time this summer. The sunflowers are finally taller than me. I think they are about 5ftView attachment 2724782View attachment 2724786View attachment 2724787View attachment 2724788View attachment 2724789View attachment 2724790View attachment 2724792View attachment 2724793View attachment 2724795View attachment 2724796View attachment 2724797View attachment 2724798View attachment 2724799View attachment 2724800View attachment 2724802
nope, I am not pea green with envy. I will just keep telling myself that…

Back
Top Bottom