What did you do in the garden today?

Trying to work up the energy to go weed the uphill garden. I need to hoe down the baby grasses that are just sprouting. Think I'll have lunch and a kick-in-the-butt cup of coffee. That should do it.

I keep telling myself "I'll weed this evening when it cools down...." Then evening comes and it's "I'll weed at dawn when it's cooler.... 😂 So goes the cycle. News flash - it's the Deep South. It won't be cooler until November.

I keep telling myself "I'll weed this evening when it cools down...." Then evening comes and it's "I'll weed at dawn when it's cooler.... 😂 So goes the cycle. News flash - it's the Deep South. It won't be cooler until November.
lol aint that the truth. I actually have a 4 foot box fan I setup on the end of a row when I'm working on it right now.

Ugh I look at yalls pics and my garden is sooooo behind! Silly me thought I'd save $ by buying seeds and planting at the last minute. Needless to say it is all just now starting to grow and transplanting during Tennessee heat - well idk if anything will ever grow or not from any of it.
Maybe those few kale pieces I got off of red russian were the first and last of my garden for 2021.😒

Ugh I look at yalls pics and my garden is sooooo behind! Silly me thought I'd save $ by buying seeds and planting at the last minute. Needless to say it is all just now starting to grow and transplanting during Tennessee heat - well idk if anything will ever grow or not from any of it.
Maybe those few kale pieces I got off of red russian were the first and last of my garden for 2021.😒
You have a longer season than many of us! You'll get something! Plant those seeds.

I'm about to go outside to plant some more cucumber seeds. The first starts I purchased and planted were impacted by wilt and pulled. So, I bought other cucumber starts. Those also were impacted by wilt, and pulled yesterday. So, I'll be planting seeds today, as I specifically looked for packets marked with "resistant" designations. I did plant other cucumber seeds a couple of weeks ago that are growing, but I don't have specific info on them - but so far, no wilt...of course those ones are only about 3" high.

Weeding and cleaning some tools~

Cosmos sowed in early March :D

24554.jpg

24553.jpg

Back
Top Bottom