What did you do in the garden today?

I once lost my balance while trying to dig a hole for a rose. As I fell, holding onto the shovel, the handle gouged me in the breast- real hard. As I lay on the grass, I had to wonder if you can break a boob.
Im sure you can bruise them real bad or tear something up. Not sure if blood clots from internal injuries could be a real issue there. Keep an eye on yourself and if something seems real bad, or you get black and boob, go see the knocker doc . Sorry to hear about that, Id imagine the pain is about as bad as a guy getting a crotch shot.
Aaron

Well
I once lost my balance while trying to dig a hole for a rose. As I fell, holding onto the shovel, the handle gouged me in the breast- real hard. As I lay on the grass, I had to wonder if you can break a boob.
Well you can most certainly break a rib under one. Not much they do for broken ribs, even with all our modern medical marvels.

When I fall down, I usually land on my butt and tend to bounce up and look around to see if anyone noticed. About five minutes later I'll start to actually hurt. Hyperflexible, so I don't twist or sprain stuff either, just bruise bad. No falling for me until after baby gets here though. Goodness knows I've tripped enough in the last few weeks to scare myself.

Hot one today, and for the foreseeable future. Got the plants watered this morning and now it's siesta time. The roses I rescued are looking gorgeous. Blooming and leafing out well.

It feels suddenly summer is leaving for a vacation. We have only 10 degree C here today, from morning till now. Also it keeps raining - 2000Liter buckets at different corners are full, and i guess no need for watering in the coming week.

Again collected some flowers for making a bouquet for family member.
View attachment 2729662
Oh my gosh, so beautiful. You really are talented- horticulturally and photographically.

Im finding out that watering first thing in the morning, is not enough, it's so darned hot that if we don't get an afternoon t storm, some of the plants are wilting by afternoon so i am contemplating watering a bit in the morning and then later in the afternoon, or maybe try to hit them at 10 am and see if it holds till next midmorning. Yep welcome to Florida, if it's not storming it's steaming.

Aaron

I just wanted to contribute to the falling discussion - I take my cell phone with me everywhere & I set it on the toilet when I shower. Should something happen I should be able to reach it but if not I have Google set up to my voice so I can make it call DH or 911 or something.

And it's not because I fall, but because I have a bad back & I've been stuck down at the coop unable to walk after picking up a food dish before. Never go anywhere without it, if I don't have pockets it goes in my bra, lol!

Im sure you can bruise them real bad or tear something up. Not sure if blood clots from internal injuries could be a real issue there. Keep an eye on yourself and if something seems real bad, or you get black and boob, go see the knocker doc . Sorry to hear about that, Id imagine the pain is about as bad as a guy getting a crotch shot.
Aaron
Yep, it was pretty rough, but ok now. Going for routine mammogram Friday, so will see if anything got rearranged.

Back
Top Bottom