What did you do in the garden today?

We moved into our house!!! Since almost everything we have was in storage for 2 years...

Congrats on your move into your house. When I was in the service, at one point we moved so much that we had almost half our stuff in shipping boxes and never bothered to unpack them. It's nice to live somewhere where you can just unpack everything and stay awhile....

Yall question - my beef master tomato plants as well as cherry tomato plants leaves are all curling...not wilting but rolling up on the edges more and more each day. What is that? I havent seen any sign of bugs or anything since that one army worm I got off over a month ago.. I've got blooms starting to form and just hate to lose future 🍅!
It doesn't help that the chicks keep nibbling on a few leaves either.

Good morning gardeners. I hope you’re all well! I took a couple snaps of the xeriscape garden, everything has grown! I have two Arabian lilacs to plant after work today also.
67D56688-0CAF-4EF1-A787-DE9A66A68A52.jpeg
8D071642-5F52-47D0-8DD0-AF940B8393A6.jpeg

Yall question - my beef master tomato plants as well as cherry tomato plants leaves are all curling...not wilting but rolling up on the edges more and more each day. What is that? I havent seen any sign of bugs or anything since that one army worm I got off over a month ago.. I've got blooms starting to form and just hate to lose future 🍅!
It doesn't help that the chicks keep nibbling on a few leaves either.
There are a couple different kinds of leaf curl - do you have a pic? Some curl is normal, others can mean bad things!

There are many reasons, like said, some ok, some not.
Here is a great reference so you can go through each, in hand, with your plants.
https://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheet/tomato-leaves-rolling/
=======

Skipped walk this morning and spent an hour pruning and cleaning up garden. As soon as the wind dies this week, I need to spray with copper, I've got fungal spot. No surprise with all this heat and humidity. It was already 80 degrees and smokey still at 8am.

I'll try to walk again after breakfast.

Now that the sunflowers are trimmed to 4 feet high, I can really see what's going on in there, and I can move around again.

Cleaning out the onion bed MUST wait until it cools off. We'll feel like 112 later today, and it's not going to be a dry heat.
Have a dirty day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom