What did you do in the garden today?

morning everyone, today is again flower harvesting day~my little flower stand is very quickly filled.

28414.jpg

Lily is such a good investment, now i have casa blanca and asiatic white blossoming, another several varieties are also waiting

28415.jpg

28416.jpg

Queen Annes Lace is also amazing.
28418.jpg

We're fine here. Got some rain, but NONE of the 60-70 mph winds they talked about. Very grateful for that.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!
Good to know (you're a little south of me, so we could have had different weather, but I doubt it was much different)! I slept like a rock last night, so had no idea. I also think our house is more soundproofed than anywhere else we've lived.

Today I’m gonna clean out the corn stalks and plant bush beans. There should be time to mature before a frost. decided cut down some crepe myrtle that grow along the fence. Think I will move my small garden tool shed there. It is a plastic one (read cheap) and is light enough for a couple of people to move it.

@BReeder! you can slice the vine open with a razor blade, remove the borer & the plant will be fine! Here, I googled a vid for you:
I noticed this morning that the vb has attacked my pumpkins. At least 1 vine looks pretty decimated and infested. I will need to go over it more closely this evening and try to exorcise the little demons. Grrr.....

It's going to be HOT today....and even HOTTER tomorrow. I have some cold watermelon ready for the girls which I will give them this afternoon when it gets really bad. I'll put some ice in their water too...

Luckily I had a TON of giant shade trees which helps. I also have fans in every coop but being dual purpose birds, they don't tend to tolerate the heat really well. I tried giving them a very shallow swimming pool one year. Didn't work. They drank out of it but wouldn't walk in it. Oh well.... :confused: I always daydream about things I'd do to improve my property if money were no obstacle.... One of them would be to put in a shallow little creek with a small pool at the end (for the ducks). I'd put in a pump to push water back up to the top of the hill where it would "wash" back down via the creek. Probably wouldn't be expensive to put in....maybe a couple hundred bucks, but not money I want to spend right now when I have other things that are higher priority. Maybe one day....

Back
Top Bottom