What did you do in the garden today?

I pulled all the hot cherry pepper plants, they were blocking the sun to my haberneros & jalapenos. & hot cherry peppers are not hot despite the name, I have more than I need of not hot peppers. Square foot gardening didn't work well for my peppers, next year it will be a foot & a third gardening!

That's all I did in the garden today. Going to pick a salad for dinner.

Harvested a couple of the mushrooms today!
IMG_1819.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

I’m not sure it would be cost effective to buy bones to make the broth
Nope, it's not. So I save whatever we get (turkey and chicken, occasionally ham; rarely anything else) and am so bold as to ask a coworker for the rib bones from his sparerib lunch!

I've brought chicken bones home from a friend's house when we had thighs on the grill.

Next influx of bones will probably be Thanksgiving turkey.

Nope, it's not. So I save whatever we get (turkey and chicken, occasionally ham; rarely anything else) and am so bold as to ask a coworker for the rib bones from his sparerib lunch!

I've brought chicken bones home from a friend's house when we had thighs on the grill.

Next influx of bones will probably be Thanksgiving turkey.
We buy several turkeys around Thanksgiving. I always break them down into major pieces (legs, thighs, wings, breast) and repack in the freezer for meals throughout the year. Last year I did 5 turkeys I think. Anyway, I roast the backs, necks, organs and any trimmings and then boil them down into stock. It's the best stock by far. It makes an incredible base for soup, beans, or rice.

It makes an incredible base for soup, beans, or rice.
I use my bone broth to cook my rice. So tasty. And when I need a cream soup for a recipe (I'm GF and most canned ones have wheat), bone broth makes the best for whatever flavor soup you need.

My MIL couldn't believe I could actually throw away a turkey carcass. Now I understand why!

Back
Top Bottom