What did you do in the garden today?

Pugsly is the dog in that picture, I hope? Sorry, bad joke :oops:

Cooper's hawk, maybe?

Mr. Dog has covid (vaccinated, no bad symptoms, just raspy throat and congestion.) I feel fine and tested negative, but our workplace made us both quarantine, so yay! 5 day vacation, with cold but dry weather. We defrosted our big freezer and moved it to its new location, so just have a few more things to do until the new laundry room is done.

Got a couple more garden beds prepped for Spring - in one of them I dug up one lonesome little carrot!
Sorry to hear about Mr. Dog being sick. Or entire household had Covid between Christmas and New Year's Day. Not a fun experience.

Snow here again. I just cleared snow yesterday and woke up to me snow. Cloudy day too and cold of course. Not my kind of weather at all.

Getting ready to get some of my earlier starts going around Valentine's Day. I need to check how many starter cells I have and have to pick up a big bag of soil to make some starter mix. I just do combine the cheapest top soil with peat moss and compost and maybe some sand. I might have to buy the compost too. While I have some finished compost still, it's a small pile that's frozen solid I'm sure.

Shows what I know, I wouldn't have thought that Greece got snow.

Weather is supposed to be sunny and mild here for the next 5 days or so. DP got about half the mowing done and the ladies got the clippings plus the weeds I pulled from the bed plus a huge bunch of kale I got cheap. Red letter day for the girls. I'm a little sore but I'll be better by morning, ibuprofen and a heated mattress work wonders.

we have some snow in the air but the most greek mainland has been white with traffic disasters. it does snow in greece. there are many mountains in north greece as well as there is a ski center in crete (about 680 miles from africa, egypt)!

Pugsly is the dog in that picture, I hope? Sorry, bad joke :oops:

Cooper's hawk, maybe?

Mr. Dog has covid (vaccinated, no bad symptoms, just raspy throat and congestion.) I feel fine and tested negative, but our workplace made us both quarantine, so yay! 5 day vacation, with cold but dry weather. We defrosted our big freezer and moved it to its new location, so just have a few more things to do until the new laundry room is done.

Got a couple more garden beds prepped for Spring - in one of them I dug up one lonesome little carrot!
My husband and son both have Omicron. This is their 2nd infection with Covid. We all just had Delta over Labor Day weekend! My daughter hasn't managed to catch it either time even though she's been in a household with 3 active cases both times we've had it.

Sunny and 47 when I went out to do chores and work in the garden on the hoop house. While I was out there a cold front went through and by 10 it was dark, very windy and down to 38, and felt colder. Next step is putting up the ribs, and replanting the horseradish in a better place.
I also put up more posts for more cattle fencing for more blackberry canes and more to support the giant catawba grape vine.
I hope the hr doesn't mind being moved as I keep tripping on them. They have to shift!

I can't believe how many people I know with COVID. I'm so over stupid COVID. Hope ya'll feel better!

Not much happening here, some ice & snow still on the ground & it doesn't look like we'll have a thaw any time soon so I'm jealous of all you people mowing & working in the garden! I can't wait for the garden expansion & new beds this spring. I guess I'm over stupid winter too. :gig

Those of you who grow potatoes, how many do you plant? And (if you can remember), how many potatoes do you generally get per plant?
I plant a lot. I make beds that are 3ftx10ft. I plant the potatoes along each side about 18in apart and a single row down the middle staggered between the outside ones. It's probably a total of 16-18 seed potatoes. I usually get a while 3lb bag of seed potatoes planted in a bed. I did 3 beds like this last year. I'm still eating the potatoes. I would say I average 5-6 potatoes per planted seed potato. Some are smaller and some are bigger. I don't count the teeny tiny potatoes, but those are my favorite to eat. I fry them whole when they are the size of a dime or penny.

Sunny and 47 when I went out to do chores and work in the garden on the hoop house. While I was out there a cold front went through and by 10 it was dark, very windy and down to 38, and felt colder. Next step is putting up the ribs, and replanting the horseradish in a better place.
I also put up more posts for more cattle fencing for more blackberry canes and more to support the giant catawba grape vine.
I hope the hr doesn't mind being moved as I keep tripping on them. They have to shift!
Can you share some pics of the hoop house progress? I am curious.

Back
Top Bottom