What did you do in the garden today?

@Wee Farmer Sarah I'm glad your DD will be with you! I want my sister to come stay with us, she's my snowstorm buddy. We make snow cocktails & get goofy. I've been replaced by her new boyfriend tho. :gig Stay safe!
I’m more worried about her getting snowbound and / or a power failure in her apartment complex. At least here I can handle the snow removal to the street and our local road crews are pretty good. Problem is the snow starts overnight tonight and stops Saturday night. The roads may not be cleared until Sunday morning. It’s less stressful for her dog here, as well. Fingers crossed that you don’t lose power

What a waste! We have a counter top ice maker. I have to replace it every 4 years or so and they're around $100.
I KNOW! If they'd have asked me and bought the parts, I'd have installed it for them. Although I suspect it was an excuse for her to buy one of those stainless things with the computer in the door.

My t-shirt bags are sewn as I can't sit and tie. It's too hard on my thumb.
I also put a 2-3 inch gusset in the bottom so they don't want to be flat when picked up and they hold more boxy things easily.
It' takes two minutes to fold, cut, and serge a bag.
It's a great way to use up ratty Ts or Garage sale finds.
I love the fact that I can use them at market, empty the groceries, toss the whole lot into the washing machine, and then out of the dryer cram them all into one of the bags and back into the truck for the next trip.

Update started 5 ft field fence outside the old fence..
Neighbor with dog walked out. She said it was theirs but they had euthanized the dog already. She had not known birds died.. We are taking a break as old folks we deserve it.
It's good that you have a neighbor who is decent enough to admit they are the dog's owner and have a conversation with you regarding the situation. My neighbor at our old house had a large dog that chewed and clawed a whole through the side of their enclosed porch and tried to attack my then-pregnant fiance and dog. She had to grab our dog (and 85lb Old English Bulldog) and run into the garage for safety. I wasn't home, but when I got home the neighbor acted completely innocent and as if it was no big deal. I ended up getting police involved and building a fence panel up against the side of their porch on my property. This was in the city, so their enclosed porch was 30inches from my back door in our gangway.
Same neighbor had another dog jump 4ft fence and attack and draw blood from my bulldog. I was ready to kill their dog, but knew the owners were to blame for their neglect and mistreatment of the animal. Of course they never did pay my vet bill though.

Back
Top Bottom