What did you do in the garden today?

Guys, I may have just does something that starts the end of the world as we know it, but it was a step that had to be taken. I just had to.
The horseradish plant I set 5 years ago, which was 2 feet across at the ground and grew to 4 feet high and leafed out to over 5 feet across, had to be moved. It was going to end up on the north side of the hoop house and, in season, would rub the house and block the walkway. I had to move it. Just had to.
I never spread in its 5 years, just grew larger.
I moved it 4 feet from what will be the west wall of the hoop house. In the process I did divide it into 2 plants. My concern is the number of GIANT and normal roots I left in the ground in it's old hole. I'm afraid each one is going to take off in anger and start a new plant. There will be hundreds of them.
They will take over the world.
You might want to start banking water, stockpiling food, and sending your children off to live further out in the country before it's too late.
Every piece of root will grow . That is how you get nice long straight root . The more you harvest = the more you have grow .

Guys, I may have just does something that starts the end of the world as we know it, but it was a step that had to be taken. I just had to.
The horseradish plant I set 5 years ago, which was 2 feet across at the ground and grew to 4 feet high and leafed out to over 5 feet across, had to be moved. It was going to end up on the north side of the hoop house and, in season, would rub the house and block the walkway. I had to move it. Just had to.
I never spread in its 5 years, just grew larger.
I moved it 4 feet from what will be the west wall of the hoop house. In the process I did divide it into 2 plants. My concern is the number of GIANT and normal roots I left in the ground in it's old hole. I'm afraid each one is going to take off in anger and start a new plant. There will be hundreds of them.
They will take over the world.
You might want to start banking water, stockpiling food, and sending your children off to live further out in the country before it's too late.
Have you ever tried to make homemade (cocktail) shrimp sauce with all that horsey?

Every piece of root will grow . That is how you get nice long straight root . The more you harvest = the more you have grow .
OH I know. This is my mother plant for all my others. It's just, um, wow, she was HUGE and I brought a root in tonight that was half the size of my wrist. LOL. I've nibbled off the smaller plants and they aren't spreading far, but momma.....she could be a different story. LOL. They can spread all they want, really. We love HR and people here eat it on EVERYTHING. I'm the only one I know that makes prepared HR and HR sauce.

I've tried 6 ways to Sunday to get a good picture of this puppy's fu-manchu mustache but he's too much of a wiggle worm! I had to wait until he crawled in my lap for a puppy nap! You only see one side of his face but you can clearly see the mustache! 😂 He's got an identical matching length on the other side of his face... From the front, it looks like a fu-manchu

20220128_173156.jpg

I've tried 6 ways to Sunday to get a good picture of this puppy's fu-manchu mustache but he's too much of a wiggle worm! I had to wait until he crawled in my lap for a puppy nap! You only see one side of his face but you can clearly see the mustache! 😂 He's got an identical matching length on the other side of his face... From the front, it looks like a fu-manchu

View attachment 2976077
How adorable little terrier in that woodchuck

Y
How adorable little terrier in that woodchuck
Yep, he's my sweet little mutt. He's about 4 months old now. Somewhere around 12 lbs. His mom was an Australian Shepherd mix. His dad was a Yorkie mix. He's got these giant feet but super short legs and long body like a Corgie or Basset hound. I call him my little Nugget but everyone else calls him Odin. (Our other dog is named Freya)

Ya, we're being blessed with a mild winter to this point. Dry as all get out though. When I'm done working on the hoop house tomorrow, I'll toss water on the garlic and HR transplants. Only the top two inches is frozen, but it's so dry once you break through that,you're home free with the shovel.
Had one root tonight, almost 50 cent piece across for it's 18 inches that I snapped off and just got almost a pint of HR for February. It smells like childhood every time I make it.
Grocery HR is OK, but oh the smell of fresh. Ahhhhhh.....my nose is clear for the fist time in a week. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom