What did you do in the garden today?

The sunflowers are starting to show their faces at ~8 ft in height.
20220627_075753.jpg

I'm starting to get some Golden Butterwax beans. I sauteed these in just some butter, salt, pepper and garlic. Very tasty with a good slightly-crunchy-yet-tender texture.
20220625_155328.jpg

In New England the wind & weather generally comes from the west
I'm in New England! The wind last night was from the south (thus the windows had to be closed for the rain). Today it is from the WNW, tonight will be W then NW, tomorrow N in the morning and S overnight. Clocking to W then N on Thursday then S on Friday. There is no "the wind generally comes from" here!

It's a beautiful 84 degrees today. It was in the lower 70s this morning and will be in the mid-60s tomorrow! Woooohoooo! I chopped up 2 gallon-sized bags of zucchini to put in the freezer. I also chopped up some green beans and a few carrots I pulled. Wondering if maybe I should just pull the rest since something is eating them?
It does feel very pleasant here for a change as well...just very dry.

I processed 2 pounds of kale, leaves only no stems. They are now chilling in the freezer on a baking pan. I still have several piles of greens. I checked the prices of organic produce here and I'm a little amazed at the cost now. The garden is perking up after the rain. Hoping for more. I planted some zinnias and Dahlias in a container a few weeks ago and my first Dahlia bloomed. Will take a picture later.

It does feel very pleasant here for a change as well...just very dry.
Yeah, same. The grass in the pasture is dying and getting crunchy. Real bummer. I'm glad I picked up my hay early because I think we are going to need it over the summer. I'll have to end up getting more for winter which sucks though....

Back
Top Bottom