What did you do in the garden today?

Baker only sends me invasive plants to here ..
This shocked me a bit... I've never had them do this to me. They have sent me vegetables that we won't eat like celery (DH HATES celery with a passion) or kohlrabi but most of the time it's stuff like carrots, lettuce, etc. I've never seen them send me anything that isn't a vegetable.

Guess I have ordered most my seeds from Amazon.
I get so tired of emails every day from Gurneys and Baker Creek for nothing I would buy .. Baker only sends me invasive plants to here ..

You could always unsubscribe from the emails. I'm not sure Baker Creek has many invasive plants though. The company has a heavy focus on vegetables with some flowers. There are a handful of odd things that I wouldn't recommend planting outside of pots but I think most places sell some seeds like that. 🤔

In other news: DH is retired now!
Congratulations!!! Yall can party everyday now!

Question on cucumbers again...sorry yall
So gave some to my neighbor and she keeps goin on how differently they look from her cucumbers. I told her there are tons of different varieties of everything out there.
But she's saying you can't pickle just any cucumber...the ones I have are labeled on seed packet as "slicers".
Does that mean I can't use em for pickling?
She said I should be letting them grow much larger than like 5-6"...but MIGARDENER, I think it was him, said the bigger they are the larger the seeds. And I don't want large seeds.
Education needed- thank yalll!

Last edited:
There are specific “pickling” cukes, but you can pickle any. I usually try to grow 3-4 different varieties and I’ll pickle whatever I have the most of! I also cut them early if they are bigger, DD hates seedy cukes with a passion lol.
Congratulations!!! Yall can party everyday now!

Question on cucumbers again...sorry yall
So gave some to my neighbor and she keeps goin on how differently they look from her cucumbers. I told her there are tons of different varieties of everything out there.
But she's saying you can't pickle just any cucumber...the ones I have are labeled on seed packet as "slicers".
Does that mean I can't use em for pickling?
She said I should be letting them grow much larger than like 5-6"...but MIGARDENER, I think it was him, said the bigger they are the larger the seeds. And I don't want large seeds.
Education needed- thank yalll!

Back
Top Bottom