What did you do in the garden today?

I struggled not to fall asleep in church today (Father forgive me...). Probably would have if I wasn't Catholic... 😂 Clearly getting up early to water the garden this morning is coming back to bite me.
My father, a pastor, had a cure for sleepy heads. Us children would be “invited” to sit in the guest seats by him. For the rest of the congregation, he’d start hollering his sermon, and pound his fist.

OMG that really looks so good, I am planting cucumbers for sure next year.
Nice bass!! We haven’t been fishing in quite some time, I miss it!
2 1/2 pounds and while I throw most bass back we ate that one and it was delicious! A week later I hooked one of the 13lb monsters but after a really fun, exciting fight it threw the hook. A friend was there with the net but there was no chance. I'd been too busy with the garden and critters but I'd started dreaming about fishing and that was my cue to get out to the lake.
Going to try Allegra since it might also work for the hives; I think it’s time to give Zyrtec a ready for a while, at least for me. A
Hives are no joke, when you get them on the outside, you also get them on the inside. I ended up in the hospital years ago with them.
Though I do have molting chickens, feathers everywhere, so you must be right!
Mine are starting to decorate the run and yard as well.
Garden tomatoes wrapped in bacon for breakfast.
That looks so good, I looked up the recipe for when I finally have the ripe tomatoes.
DS got 3 scrambled, and DH and I had a “Veggie Delight” (bunch of whatever fresh veggies are available in the garden sautéed in olive oil, add one egg scrambled plus some cheese. Toast and maple sausage with it. Both of us are full & happy off of that one dang egg & lots of veggies. Lol. Can’t wait to the new girls start laying, hopefully by November…
That sounds delicious and very much like my own breakfast cooking. You sound so much like me, we keep the little eggs and the dirty ones for our own use. We can't keep up with the egg orders right now and I never turn the sign around advertising eggs anymore. And there's a bunch of new girls out there just about ready to start laying. It's funny to watch them seemingly think about the nests and eggs. One of them was standing in a nest box scooting the eggs around.

I finally cleaned up the blueberry bed, and pulled out the lingonberries. I'm going to try running the borage through the shredder and put it back down in the bed as mulch/fertilizer. It's probably time to get serious about the blueberries and send in a soil sample to see what I need to do to get better results. Next bed that needs work is the currants and gooseberries, then the strawberry/weed bed, I think I'll switch that one over to onions, garlic, and shallots.

OMG that really looks so good, I am planting cucumbers for sure next year.

2 1/2 pounds and while I throw most bass back we ate that one and it was delicious! A week later I hooked one of the 13lb monsters but after a really fun, exciting fight it threw the hook. A friend was there with the net but there was no chance. I'd been too busy with the garden and critters but I'd started dreaming about fishing and that was my cue to get out to the lake.

Hives are no joke, when you get them on the outside, you also get them on the inside. I ended up in the hospital years ago with them.

Mine are starting to decorate the run and yard as well.

That looks so good, I looked up the recipe for when I finally have the ripe tomatoes.

That sounds delicious and very much like my own breakfast cooking. You sound so much like me, we keep the little eggs and the dirty ones for our own use. We can't keep up with the egg orders right now and I never turn the sign around advertising eggs anymore. And there's a bunch of new girls out there just about ready to start laying. It's funny to watch them seemingly think about the nests and eggs. One of them was standing in a nest box scooting the eggs around.

I finally cleaned up the blueberry bed, and pulled out the lingonberries. I'm going to try running the borage through the shredder and put it back down in the bed as mulch/fertilizer. It's probably time to get serious about the blueberries and send in a soil sample to see what I need to do to get better results. Next bed that needs work is the currants and gooseberries, then the strawberry/weed bed, I think I'll switch that one over to onions, garlic, and shallots.
Our bass fishing was pretty limited and it was suggested to always throw back for a while because their numbers were really low. Which was fine because of the mercury warnings.

Those fights are the best! Even if you don’t win, it’s fun to try. We were trout fishing in one of the parks here, makes a quick and easy fishing trip, and I almost caught a big grass carp on an ultra light pole with 2 lb line, super fun! We certainly wouldn’t have eaten it, but I almost had it in when my line broke.

I *had* a grapevine…Until:
C02ACFFB-9FB7-422E-9D14-CEA3060D5EF5.jpeg

:lau

Those fights are the best! Even if you don’t win, it’s fun to try. We were trout fishing in one of the parks here, makes a quick and easy fishing trip, and I almost caught a big grass carp on an ultra light pole with 2 lb line, super fun! We certainly wouldn’t have eaten it, but I almost had it in when my line broke.
On ultra-light? Oh my, now I know you're my kind of people! I catch everything on ultra-light gear, that bass I fought was hooked on a tiny crappie jig with 6lb test. It fought harder than anything I've ever caught.

Just went out to the zuc bed and surprise, there were some that had gotten nearly too large. I'll make a giant batch of fritters later and freeze the excess.

Back
Top Bottom