What did you do in the garden today?

Okay darn rat ate one of my romas dropped it did not eat all of it.
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg

White onions. One variety. They grew pretty well. The type is supposed to store well. Here you can see the mold that has developed in many, but not all, the bulbs. The very white ones were peeled a bit more. They were picked then laid on this HWC lid on the brooder (nothing in the brooder) so the tops and roots could dry out. This is just below a window that we open all day (closed at night), so they get good airflow between the Window and HWC , and some light. So, is the mold typical? Or just bc it’s been rather humid and hot? Don’t think we’ve grown white onions and cured them before.

2885E49D-CE3B-4055-946D-2CDED41CA731.jpeg

Had 6 inches chopped off my hair. It's going to be more work, think 1950s pincurl set. But honestly, my hair was 3" past my shoulders and it's thick and course and curly and just not age appropriate. It took FOREVER to dry, and I had to wear it up 99% of the time for ranch safety, so why not make it short? Yup. So I did.
I've kept mine boy short for years now and I love it. SO cool on hot days, I just splash hose water on my head while watering.
I did the same today! Probably about half of what you have because it will go bad by early spring since I have no cellar or cold storage. Hardneck is very hard to braid, I much prefer softneck. I do 75% softneck, it stores longer too. But man the hardneck is much more potent!
I feel the same, and as well as being more potent, the hardnecks seem to have bigger cloves. I planted too many last year though since they only last so long, I probably lost a good third or more to drying out, turning brown, or sprouting.
Put poor Janie down today. That one stinks cuz I liked her. It should have been her stupid EE sister that is constantly broody, never lays eggs & RUNS if I even walk out the door. Why's it always the good ones? :he (an old pic from when she was little)
She was a lovely girl and I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs

And those of you who make zucchini fritters (so yum), is it better to freeze the mixed batter, the cooked fritters, or the shredded zucchini (after salting and draining)? I love these so much and I want to have some this winter.

Took
-5 months for my steel siding
-10 months for my steel garage doors
-3 months for my roof
-4 months for my dishwasher
-4 months and counting for my new exterior doors, which reminds me, I need to check on those.
Picked up some of those Golden Harvest Lids today. I'll use those next batch of puree. 3.50 a box of 12 Dollar General

@BirdsBeesTrees I have 18 varieties out there.... so......ya. here too

Had 6 inches chopped off my hair. It's going to be more work, think 1950s pincurl set. But honestly, my hair was 3" past my shoulders and it's thick and course and curly and just not age appropriate. It took FOREVER to dry, and I had to wear it up 99% of the time for ranch safety, so why not make it short? Yup. So I did.
I'm a bit jealous... I used to have commercial supermodel hair. When I got Covid last September, nearly all my hair fell out. Literally like 90% of it. Even the texture changed... Now it's so pathetically thin that I can't do anything with it. Bald spots are distressing. I wear it in a bun or ponytail every day. I don't think it will ever return to what it was...

You really need to eradicate the bugs to prevent next generation . Ripping out plants is good . Using chemicals is a option . A systemic insecticide is the simplest . Don't like chemicals ? Then use one of those flame things like weed dragon or similar . Yep mini flamethrower .
Hubby hates pesticide. Wonder what he'll think of a flamethrower? I definitely want one!
tomatofest.com uh oh, I'm in TROUBLE!
OMG! They have seed collections that include, tropical, container, seaside, cool climate, short season, long season, high altitude, canning, or paste !!!
Next year planning already. LOL
I'm off to poke around there. I will grow decent tomatoes here someday! 🙏🙏🙏🤞

Back
Top Bottom