What did you do in the garden today?

Picked some apples and cuitlacoche today:
98475E54-D58C-437D-879E-2E563DA8D4DB.jpeg

Spent the morning dealing with garlic. The ones we harvested early July have been hanging from a rafter in the barn. Today they got roots trimmed, and I tried to braid, but not working too great, so I trimmed the tops down. This is the “Early Italian Purple”, pretty sure from John Scheepers KGS that we received in early March to plant. Ummm…yeah it’s a lot! The small “bits” in the small container are little bulblets that were produced on the stems of about 8 plants.

View attachment 3218301
I did the same today! Probably about half of what you have because it will go bad by early spring since I have no cellar or cold storage. Hardneck is very hard to braid, I much prefer softneck. I do 75% softneck, it stores longer too. But man the hardneck is much more potent!

I trimmed up the garlic, pulled savers for planting in the fall & saved some intact for braiding, for sis. I trimmed up the onions & bagged them, held a few aside to braid for my sis also. Just waiting on the shallots to cure to add to her braid & then its ALL DONE! I think I got about 75 lbs of Spanish onions in total, great variety of sizes, which I like because you don't always need a giant onion! I had the garlic hanging in the loft of the shop & I cut a string I didn't mean to & about 8 bulbs crashed from the 2nd story. Pulverized some so I pulled the bashed up bulbs, separated them & brought them in to eat first. I annoy myself sometimes. :gig

Put poor Janie down today. That one stinks cuz I liked her. It should have been her stupid EE sister that is constantly broody, never lays eggs & RUNS if I even walk out the door. Why's it always the good ones? :he (an old pic from when she was little)
IMG_20220223_072158351.jpg

Back
Top Bottom