What did you do in the garden today?

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see it... (Provided a mod doesn't ban me from the site for my last post.... 😑)
I don't have pictures sorry. I did it so many years ago. You can cut slices of the loofah and put them into soap molds, it actually worked pretty great. I just have too many hobbies and haven't got back to soap crafting.

Morning all.
Freezing rain at the moment and trying to switch to snow.
DH is working from home. DS is working from his home.
So that's the lot of them off the roads.
I'm always working from home (always have), but I did my weekly errands in the city past dark last night to avoid this mess today.
I prefer my soaps unadulterated, no luffa, no glitter, toys, and if able no colours. I got a batch of locally made goat soaps that smell lovely, but stained every one of my washcloths for months. So I won't buy that scent anymore.
I get it, swirls of colour are pretty.

Nothing on the garden books today. Bare minimum outside today. Feed and water critters and tell the idiot noodle necks to come inside out of the dreich.

Loofah as gifts is a great idea! I may consider growing them just for that. I purchased one with soap in it once & hated it, it hurt, it was too hard. Guess I should go buy some seeds. 😬 I’ve been wanting to grow them as feed/ water scrubbers anyway.

I used to make my own soap to not have to deal with all the scents & colors & stuff that my body doesn’t enjoy, I’m not sure why I stopped, but now I buy local made goat soap. I guess making my own was a lot of work & not fun for me.

Breezy, but mild. Temp is going to crash in the next 24 hours. So it goes.

I gave the chickens 4 totes of wood chips. When I left, they were having a party.

Loofahs need a long, warm season. Like tomatoes, only longer, so I've read. I might get some seeds and try sprouting them again, early, to see if I can make the season long enough for them to grow and bear fruit. The two vines I had a few years ago were very spindly, and only one had 5" long, skinny gourds before frost took them down.

Today swung by 'depot to see if they had seeds.. yup! Full display, found most of what I needed and stuck some replacements in my seed pots so hopefully these come up. Then drove over to the acreage, measured an area about 15'x40' next to the pond where that volunteer cantaloupe is growing. That should work for a small veggie garden once my new tools arrive and I can till some compost in. Then I started mowing.. have a lot to do and the wrong equipment so I may give in and have someone bush hog the future orchard. Need to start thinking about a tractor.

Back
Top Bottom